Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cease contact with user - 'BrianCosta' 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
All,

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, user 'BrianCosta' appears to be running his own business through this tek-tips forum off the back of the goodwill of everyone here, posting multiple questions nearly every day.

This user never contributes to other posts on this site and doesn't offer assistance to any of us. If he doesn't receive replies, he will re-post or 'bump' in an effort to try and get someone to reply.

I was reluctant to call someone out like this, however the user's actions are a clear abuse of the forum and it needs to be called out.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Agreed. Sick of the never-ending questions that you would know if you engaged with an actual Avaya partner.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Former Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

I believe the problem is not about this specific forum's user but all the "unknown" guest who populate forums and social asking questions without any minimal knowledge. This place is made of experienced techs and engineers who used huge time on manuals, courses, on site with a high professional approach, in just one word it means "COSTS". It means everyone should consider this professional aspect, it's not correct try draining their competences for free, that's why (IMHO) is correct not refusing a simple question to an un-expertised who asks, but asking, asking and asking again it's another matter.

tac84
I have had the same idea for a while and I am glad you put this out in the open.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Unfortunately, he hasn't got the hint so bumping this to the top of the message board again.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back