Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE8.0, report hung when run from remote machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

qiw360

Programmer
Feb 10, 2004
CA
I published a report which requires parameters on the CE8.0, I had no problem to pass parameters and pull the report through ePortfolio on my local machine. But, I failed to pull it from a remote machine. The system allowed me to log on (as administrator, from ePortfolio), the parameter input page did appear, then when I input parameters and hit the “view report” button, it hung there saying “loading”, sometimes it gave me an error message “page not available”.

I installed CR8.5 and CE8.0 on the same machine, my ODBC database on another machine. I also installed the service packs for CE8.0 and CR8.5. My ODBC source is a System DSN; I used the default “System account” for all CE8.0 servers. From the remote machine; I log on CE as administrator (Enterprise authentication). I have no problem opening scheduled reports and report without parameters from the remote machine.

It seems to be a security-related problem, but I don’t know how to make it work. Any suggestion? Thanks.

There are a few potential problems here.

There was a known bug with early versions of the Active-X control on XP from CE 8.X if the first parameter was a datetime (I know because I had to get this resolved for a commercial product).

The first thing is to try applying the service pack:

Next would be changing viewers.

Next would be trying different types of parameters to test the functionality.

-k

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, Synapsevampire. Yes, I got CE8.0 on XP and my first parameter was a datetime, so very likely it was the bug. Unfortunately, the problems were still there after I re-installed the service packs for CE8.0 and CR8.5. I also removed the datetime parameter to test it. Not, still not working. I don't know how to change viewers, but definitely will try it later.

One details I forgot to mention: from the remote ePortfolio viewer, when the report was hanging like what I described in my last posting, if I hit the "BACK" button on the viewer, sometimes, the report would get through. But most time the "BACK" button would bring me back to the previous page asking for report parameter input. Any clue for that? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back