Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE10 User preferences - defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

rptQueen

MIS
Jul 22, 2003
US
We have just installed CE10 and set up a few users, groups, folders & reports for testing. Now we need to add the bulk of the users, groups...
Crystal's standard preference default for every new user is not at all what we want. After adding a user, we have to log on as each user, click Preferences, change 5 settings in General Preferences, click apply, click Preferences, click Crystal Report Preferences, change the viewer, click apply, logoff and repeat for each user. YUCK.
I know there is a way to change the initial default settings so that anytime you add a user it will come up with a standard preference default that I want (not Crystal).
I am waiting for BO/CE tech support to "get back to me", but I know there is a file with these settings, I just can't figure out where.
Anyone else find this?
rptQueen

Thank you! I contacted BO/CE tech support and asked them for documentation on the settings - none - and they are creating a list of the items I want changed at least.

There's also a FREEWARE tool on the APOS site that allows you to update parameters for all users in your environment.

I'm using it it CE-8.5, but I think there is one for CE-10 too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back