Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE10 CMS will not start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav12345

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
GB
Hi all,

Using CE10 with SQL server as its DB, all services running on the same server.

I've just installed CE10 onto one of our test machines, then migrated across the contents of our live CE10 database.

The migration seemed to go fine, but I am now unable to start the CMS on the test machine. The error in the event viewer is:

"The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Each clustered CMS must be configured to have the same audit database connection. Please check the audit database connection for this CMS and make sure it matches the settings for the other CMS cluster members.)."

Neither the test nor live machines are part of a cluster. I have tried various things including recreating the ODBC connection to the local SQL server, and re-pointing the CMS to the new ODBC connection.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Gavin

Hi,
When you migrated, what method did you use...
Perhaps the test install created one CMS and the migration provided info about another one ( like the live CMS)..

Do you have an audit database configured on either one?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,

Well, that crossed my mind, but if that is the case I'm not sure how to correct it.

The auditing data source on the live server is pointing to the same database as the CMS data source.

The method I used was:
- I backed up the live DB then copied the live Filestore folder to a network drive.
- Created an ODBC connection to the live DB on the test server.
- Stopped the test CMS and clicked 'Specify Data Source', then followed the wizard through to copy data from the source (live) to the destination (test). Everything looked fine.
- Copied the Filestore folder from the network location to the test server.

Should I have also stopped the live CMS before migrating?I've re-created the ODBC connection a couple of times and gone as far as to delete the registry entries relating to the DB connection then repointing them to the correct odbc connection.

Any ideas?

- Thanks, Gavin

Hi,
The CE docs specify how to move a CMS to another database - but that is not the same as what you want to do.

Why not just use the Import wizard to copy your existing info from live to test?

Copying the FRS folder(s) and redirecting the input/output servers to that location, along with importing the live CMS's information to test should do what you want.

[profile]

Turkbear,

Many thanks for that. Had a read about the Import Wizard and I'm not sure why I haven't used this before. Seems far more straightforward than the route I've been going down.

Gavin

Hi,
Glad it helped..Over the years, BOE ( starting when it was Crystal Enterprise) developed some nice tools that , as long as the versions match, work quite well.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back