Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE and CA - Saved Views - Where are they????

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmarr

Instructor
May 24, 2001
AU
Hi All,

We are using Crystal Enterprise Version 10 to view our Crystal Analysis 10 applications via the Active X viewer. When the report is open, we select the save icon and enter a name for our saved view. When we go back to enterprise and select saved views, the saved view doesn't appear (even after closing the browser window and re-opening).

Has anybody else had this problem or can anyone explain why our saved views aren't appearing? A solution would be very much welcome.

Thanks in advance

paulmarr

I'm guessing that either the Folder or the CAR do not have the correct net security rights for the group or user.

Go to the Rights tab of the folder/CAR in CMC and ensure that the user/group has View document instances that the user owns set to Explicitly Granted.

Kingfisher [CECP]

Hi Kingfisher,

Thanks for the speedy reply - I'm not sure that this is the solution as I have full admin rights to CE and I can't see the saved views. The folder has been set to full control.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

paulmarr

The documentation in SP1 says that such an issue will be fixed... In our case (we have the same problem you have), SP1 didn't help and so we're still trying to find out what the solution is (if you find it, please tell me).

For now, when we create a view we use the DHTML viewer (which properly saves views) and then use the activeX viewer in all subsequent uses... Not the best way to go at it, but for now it's our only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back