Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 8.5 Service Pack 2 prevents us from saving from CR 8.5 now 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapsevampire

Programmer
Mar 23, 2002
US
Has anyone experienced any difficulties once the service pack 2 is installed?

We've installed it and can no longer save directly to CE folders from CR 8.5.

-k

Add to that we're using NT Authentication, the Enterprise authentication works fine.

-k

Hi,
Sorry, no problems here after the patch..Both Enterprise and NT work fine ( but NT is much, much slower to respond - I'm not sure if that is post-patch or not - it could be our structure, as it is transitioning to AD only).

[profile]

PS - I have had situations of some workstations where if the CR8.5 upgrade is used ( to allow Enterprise Folder access) the Publishing Wizard fails..Seems to be an installation order issue.

I forgot to verify, are you using NT Authetication?

It works fine here using Enterprise authentication, just the NT fails.

-k

Hi,
Yes, both NT and Enterprise work fine ( NT being slower I do not use it much, but it does work ).

[profile]

Hi All,

If I missed service pack 2 and service pack 3 is available, will it let me use the Enterprise Folders?

Thanks,

DaBuggs
[ponytails]

We discovered that our Service Pack was incorrectly installed, which was the source of our problem.

The service pack doesn't prevent nor all for saving directly to CE.

In order to save to CE from CR you must install the Update that is on the CE CD:

Make sure that you're using CR and CE 8.5

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back