Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 8.0 - Guest Users and logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddydog

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
GB
We have recently implemented the "free" 5-user version of Enterprise that came with CR8.5 for evaluation purposes, etc.

Seem to be doing OK for the most part, but one thing is confusing me: if you log on as a "guest" to run a report and then shut down the browser window, the system doesn't always appear to recognise that you have logged-off. As a result, you get to the 6th user and all the concurrent licences have been used-up.

Looking through the management console at settings -> metrics I can seem the number of users logged-on. What I am struggling with is how to clear the users who are no longer logged-in.

Any help appreciated. I'm not in IT (I'm the Accountant) so go easy with me!!!

Users need to log out.

This is akin to logging into a VB application and then using Ctrl-Alt-Delete and closing the process.

The CE 8 Standard version didn't have a lot of functionality nor configuration available, but check under the CMC->Servers for the minutes before log out settings for the various servers available.

-k

I think there may be a HotFix to address this.
After applying, you can modify the command-line for the WCS and set the session timeout.
You could also modify the CSP code so that you don't create a session variable, but instead use just cookies.
This will enable a 5 user license to handle MANY more users concurrently.

HTH

Bob Suruncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back