Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 10 Report Parameter Form Customisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

plapic

Programmer
Feb 2, 2004
AU
I have been reviewing the client samples, eportfolio and the .net sdk sample code to get a feel of customising the Brower Interface for CE users.

Is there any way of customising the Parameter form that pops up for reports that contain parameters?
I've noticed the .net version displays "No Value" whereas the others show "Set value to NULL" for discreet value options. Either way I want to change the text to something else.

Or perhaps does it mean I have to write my own parameter collection form? Can't find any examples or knowledgebase on this issue.

Regards
Peter

not sure about programming the form, but a crystal report can have pre-loaded parameters to select from and it is here that you can set a default.

BTW, Null and No Value are two entirely different values on Crystal Enterprise and you will get different results or errors in certain circumstances.

The solution I'm after is customising the parameter presention form.

The fact that the .Net version displays the wording "No Value" and the ePortfolio and other client samples render it as "Set value to NULL", both referring to passing null values to the assigned parameter, leads me to believe there may be a way to change the wording.

Why I want to do is is because I use SQL Server stored procedures and when null values are passed as parameters I use this as an indicator that all values are required (eg. WHERE Field LIKE ISNULL(@Parameter + '%', Field).

This enable users to either specify a particular value or set null for all values. This works for both numeric and string parameters.

Therefore I want to changing the parameter wording to something like "Set value to ALL

presumably you want to do this when users view on demand in CE? If so then the parameter form that appears is part of the crystalreportviewer object and I'm not sure how much of it you can change. Be interested to hear from others on this.

If you want to change it for scheduling then you could look at the CSP and "fix" it I imagine.

hth

I'm not seeing the string "Set value to NULL" in the CE9 parameter form, so there may be a difference if you are looking at CE10. It may also be from the parameter set in the report itself. In either case, most strings displayed in ePortfolio are "localized" to a particular language. In CE9, you can open schedule.csp and edit the "Localization Strings" at the top of the file for a quick and easy change. With parameters however, more logic may be involved as several types of parameter may use the same partial string and "fill in the blank" with their appropriate value. That increased logic can be coded, of course, but it's not as straightforward as editing a string value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back