Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 10 on Windows XP receive error 1904

Status
Not open for further replies.

localjester

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
After successfully installing Advanced Developer edition CR 10, when I try to install embedded edition I receive the error 1904 cannot register cmscon.dll and a whole lot of other .dlls. I have benn able to get the embedded edition to install and then when installing CE 10 I receive the same error.

Hi,
It sounds like each is trying to register DLLs that are already registered to the other program..Not sure, but seems likely.

The 2 programs might not be able to be run on the same box.

[profile]

Thanks, that thought had occurred to me also but they are bundled together and the installation instructions state that they should be installed in that order. As an update, I cleaned the registry and tried installing the programs again. Advanced Developer Edition installs fine and I got the errors for the Embedded edition. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back