Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cdrw problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

richclever

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2000
FR
I have a cdRW connected to the secondary master IDE channel, and a Pioneer 104s DVD drive on the secondary slave. If I want to do a copy of a cd in the dvd drive (using various software), the copy fails. Copies also fail if I make an image on the harddrive. I am getting a buffer underrun failure. I can copy files to cd using adaptecs direct cd (dragging files to the cdrw)

Any ideas!!!

Try to change the software.Try WinOnCD 3.8 .Seems better.
Try to describe your system.It won't work on a 586 or K6 II.

Make sure the cd drives are on different ide controllers . Put the DVD on IDE-0 as Slave and put the CDRW on ide -1 as Master . The one IDE controller cannot transfer the data between the two cd rom drives on the same IDE port fast enough . Be aware that the problem will occur with Data to CDRW if on the same IDE port as Hard drive.
Have had similiar problems with CD writer and cd rom drive this was the only way around it . Most user manuals suggest slowing down the burner's speed of writing but I found it didn't help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back