Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdhowell

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2004
US
All,

First of all, I have never tried this before so I apologize if I have missed the mark but here goes...

I am trying to intitiate CDR collection from a Meridian Option 11c. After having perused all messages on this board, it appears that I have set it up correctly. Here's the configuration:

Trying to direct connect via tty 2 to Verasmart.

I have PRI with route 0 and cdr is enabled on route 0.
I have user set to cty on tty 2 and no other users (mtc, bug, etc.) ld 17.
Port Parameters match (baud/BITL/Stop/etc.)
I have cdr enabled under ld 15.

ISSUES: I am not receiving any data via port 2 when using hyperterminal to verify connectivity.

Where else do I look to assure that the switch is attempting to send data? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help and I have some configs below:

Brad (bhowell@yahoo.com)

REQ prt

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 0

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 0
DES PSTNDID
TKTP DID
M911_ANI NO
M911_TONE NO
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC NI2
CBCR NO
NCOS 3
SBN NO
PNI 00001
NCNA YES
NCRD YES
CHTY BCH
CPFXS YES
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
INTC NO
DSEL VOD
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8100
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096

IENB 5

PAGE 002

VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST YES
QREC YES
OAL YES
AIA YES
OAN YES
OPD YES
CDRX YES
NATL YES
VRAT NO
MUS NO
EQAR NO
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

PARM

prt

TYPE parm

PARM
LPIB 125
HPIB 50
500B 200
NCR 300
MGCR NULL
CSQI 20
CSQO 20
TUBO NO
CFWS NO
PCML MU
ALRM YES
ERRM ERR BUG AUD
DTRB 100
TMRK 128
FCDR NEW
PCDR NO
TPO NO
TSO NO
CLID NO
DUR5 NO
MLDN YES
MARP NO
FRPT NEFR
DCUS NULL
MSCL 255
PMSI
MANU PMS1
PMCR 20
PORT NONE
NDIS 20
OCAC NO
MTRO MR
SBA_ADM_INS 001
SBA_USER 010
BCAP SPEECH
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY NORTEL
CLNP YES
ICON YES

looks right to that point, check load 21

TYPE CDR_DATA
CUST 00
CDR YES
IMPH NO
OMPH NO
AXID YES
TRCR YES
CDPR YES
ECDR NO
BDI NO
PORT 6
BCAP NO
CHLN 0
FCAF NO

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Mine is the same except for I have CDPR set to no per Veramark. This seems to be so basic that I am concerned about software corruption, etc. Does LD 37 give me anything to troubleshoot? If so, what commands would be pertinent..stat?

Thanks,

Brad

In the print overlay LD 21 ,

Is the port set to 2..?

As follows...I changed to CDPR yes to duplicate yours. This is a test environment so anything goes.

CUST 00
CDR YES
IMPH NO
OMPH NO
AXID YES
TRCR YES
CDPR YES
ECDR YES
BDI NO
PORT 2
BCAP NO
CHLN 0
FCAF NO

There's actually a small test you can do to make sure the physical TTY port, when connected to a Terminal is outputting data...If you go to your maintenance terminal and go to LD 37 then type TTY 2 there should be a few rows of ascii characters appearing on the CDR terminal.

If you do not see this, the physical TTY port may be configured as DCE so a null modem would be required..!!

ld 37 is only good for a stat tty and tends to lie.. i would try changing usr to mtc to isolate the trouble, make sure the tty and concetion are correct before you assume it's your software..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have double-checked hardware connectivity by using port 2 as my terminal interface to the switch (mtc?) so I feel good that the hardware is functioning as needed. I have also gone with a null modem for grins and no effect.

So, it sounds like I have done what is needed.(?) Any last thoughts? Thanks for the sanity check.

Brad

To re-iterate, I believe We do need to confirm the physical device connection and one way is to perform the test I suggested above..using LD 37...followed by the command TTY 2.

This command should be done on the other TTY 0 or 1 which should be connected to your Maintenance Terminal/PC. And the output of ASCII chars. will be displayed on Hyperterminal..where u have connected TTY 2.

i've seen cases where the tty 2 command gives a sch code when sent to a tty that is usr cty.. that is why i usually make it a term i can log into to, then change it back the cty.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

disable and re-enable tty port before it begins working. I read this somewhere on this site.

Point taken John...guess adding the MTC to usr would be a better alternative...

Cheers..

Just wondering if the reset of the TTY 2 does not work..guess an alternative would be to try another TTY port.

Hi..

Sometimes I have similiar problems with Hyperterminal when setting up CDR/ACD capturing.

I found that sometimes you will have to change the setting called "Force incoming data to 7-bit ASCII". This can be found in the Settings-->ASCII Setup.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Seems to me that this is a cabling issue. Either the lack of a null modem, or the need for one, or communications port ssettings do not match those of the ADAN in LD 17.

Also the "TTY" command is fully supported on any TTY port and can be reliably used. If the text is not getting through, then there is a problem.

John, you say you have done this in the past to a CTY only port and have recieved a SCH code. I would be very curiouos as to what that SCH code was.

--
Fletch
Visit the Nortel Technical Support Portal at:

it's been a while, but i was setting up a cdr term and the tty x command worked after i deleted it and put it back in as a mtc.. a null would be my 1st choice, but looks like the user thinks he's has a soft problem..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

All,

This has been resolved and it was indeed hardware/lose connections/null modem required/DB-9 to DB-25 connector issue. An unfortunate combination of those. Thanks to all for the "encouragement" to keep hammering away on the connection itself.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back