Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Wrapper help needed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCMprogrammer

Technical User
Sep 27, 2004
US
Has anyone used the CDR Wrapper install client successfully?

I cannot get it to pull any info from the BCM.

I've confirmed that Call Detail Reporting is Enabled under Services.

I run the CDR Wrapper pgm, it ask for an IP address. I've input the BCM's IP, as well as the IP of the PC I was on, too. Neither work and I get an error message (I can post the message syntax later if needed).

So, has anyone been able to use this application and can shed some light it?

I've tried this from 3 different BCM's that I had just initialized after running all current patches, with no luck.

I had it working, but after a upgrade it worked for me no longer. I don't know what is going on with that application. I tried the same steps you did, but it doesn't run for me anymore. Kinda a heavy application for the amount of work it does. I wish you could just download it as a tech file - it would be much easier.

And what happened BCMprogrammer? did you make it run well? I have been working with the CDR too, but haven't had success. I tried using a PC with Windows XP and another one with Windows 98...both of them as the "Servers". I've tried using the Pull and the Push client, but...nothing!. I would like to know if you finally made it work.

Hi BlackCuervo

I tried to send you an email but I received an error. I have switched of the email verification to my site. You should be able to register and I will send you the guide.

Marshall

No luck on my end. It's not an active ticket I'm trying to fix or I would be pursuing alot more.

OS being used is XP Pro SP1

So, as I can see, this matter of the BCM CDR is really hard. I followed the instructions that Marshall gave me with a CDR Guide, but I am in the same point, the CDR doesn't work. I would like to know, do I have to create a FTP client in the PC intended to be used with the CDR client? and if the answer is yes, how can I do it? I have a Windows XP in my PC. Thank you.

Hi Black are you trying to receive the data real time?

Marshall

Yes Marshall, that's my goal. It is because I will use a billing software, it will get the information from the CDR.

I can tell you from personal experience that CDR Pull does work for 3.6 and up but you need to make sure you define the proper users/domain groups. You need to download the drivers from the BCM (not the ones you might have laying around your windows pc). You should make sure you don't have any old copies before you download the new wrapper.

You may also try reinstalling DCOM (if you are using Win 95/98).

BTW: DCOM is being removed from future versions in favour of socket connections.

CDRPush is the easiest method to set up since all you need is an FTP Server.

CDR Pull is a little more complicated because their wrapper is limited in scope and diagnostics.

S.

Hi there, I did get it working on 3.6 too. I followed the usual instuctions to the word and I got no joy.
You need the latest DCOM patch if you are running on XP SP2-which I got from the BT support website

this patch did the trick.

(however I am registed customer)

All the best

Nortel has put out quite a few patches for the CDR Wrapper. That is the first place I always look. :)

Regards,
Stockman16

This may be a stupid ans. but I was having problems as well. What I was not doing is the following:

the logon and password of the PC running the client wrapper must be listed identical on the bcm under users as a CDR user.

Is this done?

If you make unique logon/password for the client PC and the BCM, you should have no problems.

I have seen confusion when the user name for the client PC logon is the same as the one on the BCM.

Stockman16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back