Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR/SMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
When I turn on CDR to my TTY port and test calls I only am seeing the primary DN from the phone? Is there a way to track any DN made from a TN? We will beinstalling a call accounting solution soon and I wanted to test this before hand. If I have a department of 5 people that have the same extension on key 0 how would I differentiate what phone a call came from?

that's another reason to set up a pbx like a pbx, not a key system.. each phone should have it's on dn on key 0, other wise you will only have dept level billing

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

look in cdr manual. You can have the Tn print in the cdr output. search manual for terminal number and auxiliary id.

If you set AXID to YES in LD 15 then you should get it in line 1 of the CDR if you're using the OLD CDR output or Line 2 if you're using the NEW CDR output.

Thanks that worked but it seems that the TN doesn't print on all calls? I have Succession 4.0 by the way...

the tn would only appear if the dn is a multiple appearance dn.

thanks for the tip, i wonder if my billing can translate the tn? i don't think so, buts thats another dept, at least i can send the records

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

One more question, what do I turn on to see the CLID for incoming calls? I see the record but not the number that the call is coming from?

Never mind I found it under PARM CLID YES

that prompt is for outbound clid. look at the possible responses to rcap in load 17. ld 22 prt adan dch x.. if the co is sending them, then your switch just needs to read that field

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

AFAIK CLID does need to be enabled to display incoming CLI in the CDR as well. However, I'm very much just theory - I've never even seen a Meridian, just know about call logging!

missed that one by a little feenix. clid in this gray box refers to outbound calling line id. cdr worked way before t1's were even added to the customer carrier options

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back