Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Setup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

it44

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2006
US
Ok all,

Option 11c

I need to start logging incoming/outgoing calls. Below is the ADAN

Code:
TYPE adan

ADAN   HIST
  SIZE    5000
  USER MTC SCH BUG
ADAN     TTY 0
  TTY_TYPE SDI
  CAB 00
  CARD 00
  PORT 0
  DES  SEB
  FLOW YES
  BCST NO
  USER MTC SCH BUG
  TTYLOG       0
  BANR NO
ADAN     TTY 1
  TTY_TYPE SDI
  CAB 00
  CARD 00
  PORT 1
  DES  seb
  BPS  9600
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE
  FLOW YES
  BCST NO
  USER MTC SCH BUG
  TTYLOG       0
  BANR NO
ADAN     TTY 2
  TTY_TYPE SDI
  CAB 00
  CARD 00
  PORT 2
  DES  SPARE
  BPS  9600
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE
  FLOW YES
  BCST NO
  USER MTC SCH BUG
  TTYLOG       0
  BANR NO
ADAN     TTY 8
  TTY_TYPE LSL
  CAB 00
  CARD 10

PAGE 001

PORT 0
  DES
  BPS  1200
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE
  FLOWTYPE MAIL
ADAN     TTY 14
  TTY_TYPE PTY
  PORT 0
  DES  MAT
  FLOW NO
  USER MTC SCH BUG
  TTYLOG       0
  BANR NO
ADAN     AML 9
  CARD 10
  PORT 1
  DES
  BPS  4800
  CLOK EXT
  IADR 003
  RADR 001
  T1   10
  T2   002
  T3   040
  N1   128
  N2   08
  K    7
  RXMT 05
  CRC  10
  ORUR 005
  ABOR 005
  ENL  YES
ADAN     DCH 10
  CTYP MSDL
  CARD 02
  PORT 1
  DES  LOCALPRI
  USR  PRI
  DCHL 2
  OTBF 32
  PARM RS422  DTE
  DRAT 64KC
  CLOK EXT
  IFC  NI2
    ISDN_MCNT 300
  CLID OPT0
  CO_TYPE  ATT
  SIDE USR
  CNEG 1
  RLS  ID  **
  RCAP COLP
  MBGA NO
  OVLR NO
  OVLS NO
  T310 120
  T200 3
  T203 10
  N200 3
  N201 260

PAGE 002

K    7
  BSRV  NO

It appears tty2 is the spare and I did notice it has the port connector dangling from the switch, I am sure i can hook my laptop up to it and start running scripts with it. My question is can i setup cdr through tty 0 or tty1? Reason being, those are the two ports i can access remotely at this time. Or do i have to set it up on tty2(the spare)?

Thanks for any help

I would use TTY2 from this printout; you also need to turn on CDR in the CDB and on the routes for the data to come out this port.

user on a cdr port has to be cty, then chg cdr in ld 15, then go to 16 and answer cdr yes on all the routes you want cdr on.. some customers only want cdr on ld routes others want internal/local and ld.. internal cdr is off by default on each set, when i get a request for internal cdr on a set (cls icda) i know it's not a good thing for the user..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have changed CDR to YES in ld 16 and it is still showing NO for CDR in ld 21 on the route I changed it on

fixed the CDR prompt in the RDB issue. Now lets see if i can grab some data off PORT 2 now....

I am now seeing calls in ld 37 by typing enl msgo

Now, how do i grab the data from the seb to procomm and then to excel. Does anyone have any scripts and/or macros?

also, do i do this from ld 37 and enl msgo?

You have to turn the capture of the Procomm on, that saves it as a file. I normally reset that each day, rename the file saved as the date of the capture and you can go back for reference anytime you need.

That is not CDR.
Did you Turn on CDR in CDB?

Did you say YES to CDR on the RDB?

Did you put CTY on 1 of the TTY port's and remove ALL the othe users?

yes ace.

if ld 37 is not cdr, where do i capture the data?

If you are hooked up to which ever tty you added cty too than cdr will stream right onto your screen.

i guess i am a complete moron.

so you mean to tell me that if i hook up a laptop with procomm to the tty i setup for the cdr that data will auto stream to the screen and i need to do nothing?

i have been in ld 37 forever and saw the data coming out, but i had to enl msgo.

im lost

CDR data is sent to the port specified in the CDB.

So you set up your TTY for a user to be CTY (probably TTY2 in your case).

LD 15 CDR_DATA turn CDR to yes and assign port 2 to it.

Then in RDB turn on CDR on routes you want to capture data on. The CDR data goes right to the TTY port whether there is something there to capture the data or not. If there is not a device there to capture the data, the data is lost.

Does anyone have a script for procomm to capture the data?

I was able to understand what you all have been telling me. When I hook my terminal to port 2; I now have streaming data. Thanks for clearing that up everyone.

Now if I can get it into this excel file, I'll be golden.

There is no script to Capture, just click on the net symbol on the toolbar in Procomm, that is capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back