Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Push Stopped Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisiphone

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
US
BCM400 3.7 was pushing CDR data perfectly to my Windows 2k server. When server was upgraded to Windows 2003 the data transfer stopped and refuses to be transferred, even on demand.

Here are my CDR settings:

Trasnfer type: Push-Daily
IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xx
Remote User: anonymous
Remote PW: None
Dest. FTP Alias: \*filename*
No of Retries: 3
Incl Metrics: No
DElete files after trans: no
Compress files before transfer: no
Transfer time: 00:05
Transfer Day: daily

Can anyone see why this wouldn't work? Is it related to the new OS?
Please...any suggestions. These new-fangled BCM thingys are killing me!
Thanks!

Um, hello. I usually get at least one response...really any idea would be helpful.
Thanks!

I'm guessing you can still FTP to the 2003 server? Server 2003 locks down a lot of things by default. I'd suggest start simple and see if you can FTP to the server from a different PC - if you can't, then look towards the server config.

You will find an excellent piece of documentation at There is a PDF that goes into the finer details of CDR. However biv343 is right. Every problem i have had with CDR is the username, password and folder settings.
Dumb question, when u change a setting do u click
Configuration>Commit ???

I do, click "commit", I was starting to wonder if I needed to reboot:)
My domain guy is working on the server now, he's thinking 2003 won't allow anonymous FTP. Thank you for the link.

OKay, it was a permissions issue on the FTP client (it wasn't accepting anonymous ftp), and it needed to be pointed at the correct folder.
Working like a charm now. Thanks Bucky101 & biv343.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back