Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR on HIPATH 3800 V8 VIA LAN-TCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnitax

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2010
Hi all and excuse my bad english,

The Application we are installing needs to get data calls via LAN (not V24 link) on HIPATH 3800 V8. It also needs to use TELNET.

We have the LIMS installed. Before going on site I have
some questions:

1) Can we use the 23 port (TELNET) on HIPATH 3800 as well
as we used to do on HIPATH 3550 V7 ?

2) The documentation we have tells that we can read
data calls over LAN-TCP via port number 7001.
Is it true ?!

Any response will be really helpful

thanks in advance

The HiPath 3800 has no LIM, but a HG1500 this is different.
You can login in on telnet but you will enter the VXwork enviroment.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

there is a lim card for the 3800, and if you are setting the system as TCP client, you can choose the port it works on

Sure?...but you can't have them both to work at the same time or can you?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

the hg1500, is the ip/voip gateway for the system, the lim can be used for maintenance and smdr

I know what they are, but when he has a 3800 with IP phones the LIM won't work for telnet. So it the one or the other.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

he does not say he has a hg1500 card installed, or running IP telephones, but has a lim card. Yes after v6 it will not work with a hg1500 card installed, but you said there is no lim card only a hg1500. there is a lim card and if he has no need for a hg1500 card, the lim will do the job.

Hi all.

First thanks a lot for you responses. I solved the problem

before reading your posts. Yes The 3800 has a "LIMS" card.

The "LIM" card is for the 3550. It works now and I can both

have data calls in real time and I can also use Port number

23 in the same Time. Some thing is still not clear for me.

Did you say that if I have Hg1500 installed, the "LIMS" will

not work.

Theoretically, it makes perfect sense because we can not

have two Telnet servers with the same address and same

port. Conversely, I think that functionality LIMS SMDR card

may still work even if we have a HG1500 card installed.

Am I wrong ?!

Thanks

According to the manual the lims will be disabled once a hg1500 is installed.

I think these forums can be pretty dangerous! I watch you both very closely and notice that you just sometimes want to put a response to an issue or question?

What qualifies you to do so?

I have spent some serious time on the Hipath systems from the old PKS to the 118/125/130 then the 150E and then the entire Hipath range, I am SOCA and SOCP certified for the Hipath 3000 and have worked in a support role with a major distributor and also in the field on some world support issues very closely with Siemens.

Even after all of this I am very weary to put down anything I think is right or should do it?

I do not know every thing that there is to know regarding this system or ever will do but chaps seriously take a step back and read this last thread and you will see what im on about, stop scoring points and if you can help someone then do so, not from the manual as a lot of them are wrong (technical trainer 5 day basic Hipath 3000 course for Siemens 2 years) from experience. But if you do not know the answer then leave it be, as from what I keep seeing people like myself are being put off responding.

By all means contact me at

Leeky27, I don't think I know every thing about the siemens system or any system I do I have being trained on the hipath 3000 system and have 8 years experience installing these units. To say the siemens manauls are wrong is a big statement to make, I do refer to them if unsure about something as that is what they are for. I won't argue with you, life is too short for that, if I said something that is not correct, please reply stating that and the correct answer

Hi All,

We are here all to learn and to share knowledge. Now I am

replying to obtsystems. What u said makes sense because

If we have HG1500 installed, it provide all needings

(data calls, System administration and more ... voip/data).

So in this case we do not need to have LIMS installed.

Leeky27, please.

tell me ...

Thanks

Omintax, all I am saying if you don't need a HG1500 card the lims card will do. I never had the need for both cards in a system, so I can't say that they both won't work together, but the manual said they won't.

leeky, people who put start with "I dont know every thing" and end up with "as from what I keep seeing people like myself are being put off responding." is so arrogant and if you have something to say about any post I make here or any board, don't come in saying you don't agree with what is said without at least putting some useful information with it.

For reference it is possible to have a LIMS and a HG1500 running in the same system at the same time, THIS IS NOT A SUPPORTED CONFIGURATION!!!!! The system i came accross working quite happily with such a config was on a 3800 V8 with the LIMS set up for the network interface to the customers lan with CDR and the HG1500 set up to run 5 remote IP phones on another site.

When i quizzed Siemens as to why this was possible they had more questions than answers so i removed the LIMS and reprogrammed the system to use the HG1500 card instead for Lan access and CDR.

The true answer to the question is that the LIMS/LIM and HG1500 should be kept seperate, if you are using a LIMS/LIM then you should not configure a HG1500 to run along side it.

As for the ports used Siemens are very careful to use the standard ports e.g 23 for Telnet etc and there should be no differences between system versions in an IP enviroment.

The Lims board is really as it says a Lan Interface Module, to enable lan connectivity to a working lan. The HG1500 card is used primarily for the deployment of IP phones and IP tunking, and Sip ext's and Trunking.

You must also bear in mind when installing a HG1500 card the B channel allocation for the card.

Also do not forget to give the customers lan a health check before you even get as far as plugging anything into it!

If you do encounter problems then you should down load Wireshark a free bit of software to run diagnostics it is simple to set up and run, you will need a HUB to sit between the Phone system and the HG1500 card and your PC that you are using to trace the information.

Further help on this can be downloaded from the same site.

For more information you can contact me at

That's all good info. The only problem I have with the way the post is gone is a straight forward question was asked and it went off sideways with the hg1500 being brought in with out asking if one was installed
You have to be carefull with ports, but that is again not the question asked
Too much information can confuse straight forward questions

But bringing it up can also do no harm, because now you can inform the customer consequences of have the 2 running at the same time. And if it's not supported at the moment it can be that it will be supported in the future or screw up the whole system after an upgrade.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back