Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR on Attendant Consoles 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

riteeh

Programmer
Mar 2, 2004
CA
Hello,

We have been testing on a PBX trying to determine if it is possible to track whether or not calls pass through an attendant console. We are hoping to see the standard S and E records (or even two N records) however currently we are encountering a single N record even when calls are transferred by the attendant. S and E records are being produced by the system on calls that don't involve the attendant consoles. Here is the scenario:

=== Test Call #1 ===
A user from an external location (ex. cell phone) places a call to the main site phone number which is answered by an attendant console operator. The caller is transferred by the operator to a specified DN.

In this case a single CDR N record is produced, even though a call transfer took place.

=== Test Call #2 ===
A user from an external location (ex. cell phone) places a call to the DID of the same DN involved in the first call.

In this case once again a single CDR N record is produced.

The CDR records created by each test call are identical (apart from the obvious date,time,duration values) so there is no way of determining whether the operator was involved in each call or not from the data.

Can anyone confirm/suggest a solution for this problem? If It is possible to have S/E records or even two N records created as a result of test call #1 that would be excellent, however after reading Nortel's CDR record layout document I get the feeling that this is may be impossible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions / comments.

- Rite Eh

Hi.
In the programming for the attendant console, change the ICDR (internal call detail recording) prompt to ICDA (internal call detail allowed) ICDD (internal call detail denied) is the default setting.

Once you do this a L-Record will show in your CDR.

One thing to note, you must have the ICDR package 108. Otherwise the ICDR will not prompt.

Hope this helps.

Call transfers do NOT generate L records. L records are only generated on direct internal calls, not xfers from a trunk to an internal DN.

This has bugged me forever. There is currently NO POSSIBLE way to get records of Call Tranfsers in that scenario. You will get an X record if you have CDRX package and the scenario plays like:

Cell -> Attendant xfer to -> outside phone number = X Record
Cell -> Attendant xfer to -> internal DN = N Record with no info about attendant.

That being said, if your attendant is xfering to ACD, then you will get Q & R records.

Also, if you attendant's phone is acquired in Symp/CC you can obtain EXACT reports by viewing the Call by Call Statisics report, it will show you every Keystroke a phone does.

Well, It does generate a L record, but there is no trunk information to associate the call, the Xfer'd call is still an N record.

This was my Test:

L 040 00 ATTN02 3316 07/16 08:43:52 00:00:02.0
& 156.0.00.03 000 000
& 000

N 043 00 A001004 3316 07/16 08:43:52 00:00:04.0
&4231112222XXXXXX 156.0.00.03 000 000
& 000 01 2

Timestamp was the only common factor

I've always wondered why there is no patches to fix this. This scenario should generate S, L, then E record. Nortels CDR has always been a sore spot for me.

Calls that are transferred by the attendant usually result in an N record. The way to get stats on the console is to run traffic reports.
There are two reports for consoles TFC003 and TFC004 which will give you peg counts and time for internal/external, total time in-service, speed of answer, number of delayed calls etc.

Thanks everyone for the replies thus far.

LUBBZ & Pronei,
Thanks for the information. During our testing we enabled ICDA but it didn't seem to generate an L record as you and pronei have described. I'm going to re-check this however.

StanleySteamer,
We are aware of the traffic reports, however these just provide peg counts and summary information. We were attempting to receive more detailed stats such as the actual calls that were transferred, etc.

Try to enable ICDA on the phone you are testing with too.

Also, I assume you are viewing the raw CDR data, not MDR data. If you are using MDR, you will need to log into the MDR and enable local call capturing.

Hi pronei,

We are capturing the raw data from a TTY programmed for CDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back