Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnixon1

Vendor
Aug 11, 2006
US
I just replaced an OPT 21 Rls 19... with a OPT 11 21.21 Release 5.0. The opt 21 was reporting to a old Telemate system for CDR records. We dont use rate tables and only need to track call data (number dialed, lenght,ect). Now the telemate system does not reconize the call record format and our vendor Black Box is telling us there is noting we can do but upgrade to TM3. Is ther any way of having the opt 11 send the same format record as we were receiving from the 21?

Thanks
in advance for you help and ideas.

The call data formats are, if I remember correctly, pretty much the same.

So you just disconnected the CDR cable from the Opt 21 and connected it to the Opt 11?

I had a somewhat similar issue when a customer upgraded their call accounting system from an old DOS based doorstop to a Windows GUI based one.

The old system would handle the datastream just fine but the new system didn't see it at all.

The problem ended up being on the call accounting system's end. Specifically, even though both the old and new systems were from the same manufacturer the pinouts on the serial input were different. Yep, shifted 4 pins in the cable plug and they were back in business.

Perhaps you should contact Telemate and ask if that might be an issue.

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Great thoughts, We are receiving the data it is just in a new format (according to Black Box) and Telemate no longer supports their call accounting system..

Post an example CDR Record that you used to get and a CDR record that you get now.

Even when using the old CDR format the data string did change and there is nothing that can be done. They are right you will have to upgrade your call accounting but it does not have to be TM.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

If you just want the basics, you can do that yourself with a standalone pc. Load procomm and capture the CDR data to that. I used to have that as part of daily routines, to stop and start the capture, giving it the previous days name and saving(you can do that at whatever interval you are comfortable with). It's a cheap method but it gives you what you stated you needed.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Well, that's what I get for trying to go from memory. The formats changed.

TNPHONEMAN and JOHNTHEPHONEGUY are correct. There are a number of call accounting systems to choose from including TM. Black Box may not support more than a few, but there are more than just TM.

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

jnixon1 - It looks like you are using a previously enjoyed Option 11 so you may want to check that the FCDR prompt is not set at NEW in LD 17.
Also, with the old format CDR the various fields shifted depending on the enabled features. So if you have the CLID in CDR feature turned on in the Opt11 then you could try turning it off.
Take a look at the Call Detail Recording NTP - there is a section titled Old and New Format CDR.
You may still have a problem but there are some things you can look for.

Ok. I had somewhat of an issue with this before. I did not see anyone else mention it so I hope it works for you.

FCDR in ld 17, PARM is where you can select old or new CDR format.

ld 17;
Req. Chg
TYPE. PARM
BCAP. a...a (speech)or 3.1KHz (speach is default, enter through)
- FCDR (old)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back