Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR info required

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
Can anyone let me know the format of the call information that is output by the switch for call logging. Is it real time and also the switch is s/w vers 6.0 but will the format change if the s/w is upgraded to 8.x

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
For minor problems, reboot
For major problems, reinstall

There are two output formats for the CIL, TBCD or ASCII. You can set either which one you want by a system parameter CILTB. And yes, it is in realtime. I am not familiar with 8.0 revision but from 6.0 to 7.1, I don't think there were any differences. The only thing I know is that the higher revision you have the more facilities you get and also more data is being output from the CIL port but the structure are the same.

I have been told there is an app that will convert the TBCD into text to see what is being output do you have a copy?

There are many companies that makes such app but they are expensive. They are used for billing purposes and call records.

Not the call logging s/w. Cust is currently using OAK but I need a sample of the CIL o/p format for another call logger but the system is o/p in BCD I have been told that there is an app (about 500k in size) that will convert the BCD on screen but is purely a converter and cannot be used for call logging

Unless this app has been written especially for the iSDX, it will be of no use. The CIL output records are represented as a series of hexadecimal characters in a binary format.

Flags are used in call records to show feature usage and also the nature and progress of a call.

Individual calls may produce more than one record such as call transfer,conference call etc. For this reason, more than one record type can be ouput.

The four types are
1. BASIC records
2. CONTINUATION records
3. CONFERENCE records
4. EXCEPTION records

All binary call data is transmitted as records of 22 bytes. These records consist of 2 header bytes, and 18 data bytes, 1 record sequence byte, 1 record checksum byte.

You will need to ask Siemens Beeston for iSDX SYSTEM DEFINITION FOR FULL CIL, to be able to decode the CIL output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back