Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Format question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Hello to all!
I have an Opt 11 with CDR turned on. the problem is when a call is originated I get the record but when the same call terminates, I get another record. Can the format be changed so the entire call from start to finish generates only one report? I have Account codes in the record for personel ID which is in the terminating call record. Any suggestions?

This is how almost all PBX work. I suggest you either write a program to give you a formatted "bill" or purchase software that will do it out of the box. Nortel have their own software, but there are others out there, as well as companies that will do it for you and give you secure access to their web sites to pull the reports etc.

I understand what you are saying but the fact that the start of a call is a record (say record 01) and when the user hangs up there is another record (say record 15) there are records between these in the print out. I am dumping the records to a third party for call accounting so they need the entire call in one record.

Each record is "tagged" so the first and last, and any others in between, can be linked. If the third party does not know how to do this, I would get another third party!

You can do many things within a call, the records record what you do, ie conference, transfer, then that user can conference multiple people, so you cannot say to just mash together the first and last record, there might well be a lot of information missing, even if you could do that, which you cannot.

so where is the 'tag'? in the record? and can you elaborate on how the records are linked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back