Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR for a single phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phnechic

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
Is there any way on an Option 11C to use CDR for a single extension or phone? I do not have a buffer hooked up to this system since we do not normally use CDR functionality at all. However, we are repeatedly getting calls that disconnect on answer an nothing shows up in the caller ID. I'd like to see what trunks the calls are coming in on, but I am rarely at my desk when they occur (very sporadic, sometimes hours or days in between calls) to track them in LD 80. Any thoughts?

Hook a laptop up to an available SDI port that's configured for just CTY. Collect the CDR to a log file using HyperTerminal or Procomm.......

Thank you very much. We'll give it a try!

another older cure is to use mct.. call trace requires mcta on the set and a trac key.. when that call drops press the trace key and IF the trunk is still up, you will get a single line of txt sent to the screen. another possible fix is ld 36 commands, lets you test each trunk.. these were common back in copper trunk switches but are not that usefull for digital trunks.. if your getting this on in bound t1's then check you lcnt tables in ld 60

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, John. This helped me track it quickly and the configuration was really simple. You continue to be my hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back