Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR duration on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madil

Technical User
May 30, 2008
FR
I have the following issues with regards to CDR:The duration of a call begun when we take the line and not when the called answers (includes the ringing time too)! Here is an exemple:
-------- 13/11/08 12:36:02 LINE = 0062 STN = 225
BC = SPEECH
00:00:00 OUTGOING CALL
DIGITS DIALED 02
00:00:08 CALL RELEASED

This call was not answered! The problem is my biling software counts it as established!
Thank you all!

Check in your billing software if you can set a timer for "minimum call duration", pretty sure some does.

Perhaps you could change the "minimum call duration" setting on the BCM. The default is 2 sec. All my systems are set to 8 sec.
This setting determines which calls are included in the CDR report. Calls shorter than the "minimum call duration" are not included in CDR.

Didn't know it was an option in the Bcm.
Learning something new everyday..!

Thank guys for your help.
I make some tests.. For analog trunk i think it will be impossible for the BCM the recognise when some one answer the call as there is no pulses.
I test on PRI line :the call duration is OK.
/!\ The problem is on the BRIM lines: the duration on BcmMonitor is ok but not on the CDR ticket(begun counting before the person asnwers)?! Any one have an idea about how to get the BcmMonitor duration on the BcmMonitor?
Here is an exemple:
-------- 11/21/08 15:41:29 LINE = 0127 LINE = 0067 /* BRI line */
EXT CALL FORWARD LINE = 0902 REASON = CFNA
00:00:00 OUTGOING CALL
DIGITS DIALED 061xx xx xx /*external number*/
00:00:18 CALL RELEASED

The real duration is 4s (on the BcmMonitor) and not 18s!!

On an analog trunk, call duration is when the trunk is accessed. On a PRI/ISDN, the duration starts when the call is answered because there is an indicator on the D Channel Message that indicates the call was answered. Example: Open BCM Monitor and watch the lines. When you call across a PRI, the display will show "Dialing" even though you hear ring back. But on an analog trunk, it will show "active" and the timer has already started. Note: my words may be off on exactly what the Line Monitor shows, but you will understand.

--DB

Thank you DBrewsky. It's exact.
But if we consider a BRI line as ISDN, why in the CDR the duration starts when the trunk is accessed?
My BCM is patched, and for PRI i have the correct time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back