Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR data

Status
Not open for further replies.

danbiggs

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2000
GB
Does anyone know how to set CDR output so that we can record the extension a call terminates on rather than the extension that was originally called?

eg: DDI call to ext 1234 goes to coverage, and call is answered by ext 5678. The CDR data (data item calling-num) gives the call to 1234. We want it given to 5678.

The reason for this is that we want salespeople to take credit for calls to other salespeople that 'bounce' to them. We are using G3v6 with nothing as fancy as CMS I'm afraid.

Thanks
Daniel

I don't remember the exact setting, but I think you can get to it by issuing "cha sys cdr". There is a setting that will create separate call records each time a call is tranfered, etc. It will also separate ACD calls typically into three segments; One terminating to the VDN, one terminating to the ACD hunt, and finally the last one terminating to the agent. If you are using your CDR for traffic analysis, this will skew your data, and appear that you have more traffic than you actually have. However, this is a very handy feature to help aid in troubleshooting ACD/call center issues.

Hope this helps!

I believe the setting you need to check is called "record outgoing calls only", and it is under "ch sys cdr"

Thanks RFWatts - I saw something similar in the manuals for the DDI trunk settings screen so I'll give that a try.

Bobg1 - I think that setting just CDRs outbound calls. We specifically want to record inbound calls as well.

Right, you want to make sure it is set to "n"

Yes, set Incoming Call Splitting on your CDR SYstem Params.

Any questions, call me, we work with litterlayy hundreds of AVAY customers.

Also, you can set-up/define your own custom call record format. And finally, I have a way to show you how to get the Time the person MADE the call, not the time they hangup (as the CDR REcord outpulses it currently)

Mark 925-946-9800 X103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back