Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR capture via TCP/IP on Linux host 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.C.

OK, I put in the IP address of my Windows 2000 PC. When changing IP services on the Definity, CDR1, it won't accept C-LAN as a local node, I have it as Switch, the same as SAT, does that matter? The remote node is LINUX-HOST, port is 50000. On my PC, I have a shortcut for nc. When I open it, it says Cmd Line:

Thanks,
Rick

I wasnt going to make this public right away. But since you are having trouble with it....

Before you do the following make sure you have the .NET Framework installed. This is free from Microsoft, to see if you have it installed, go to Add/Remove Programs and see if its in the list. If it isnt run Windows Update and I believe it appears as one of the options. If not, just Google it, you will find it. The following absolutely will not work if the .NET Framework is not installed, so do this first.

Grab this file:

(1) Extract the file.
(2) Browse to portDump\bin\Debug
(3) Open portDump.exe.config in Notepad or any text editor
(4) Change the port to whatever you have set in your switch
(5) Change the ip to whatever the ip is of your local machine (ie. the ip you set the host to in the switch)
(6) Save the file you just edited and close it.
(7) Run portDump.exe

You should get a box that pops up, just wait and it will start to populate with cdr report information.

Once it starts capturing data the my-billing.txt file will populate with data in the portDump\bin\Debug\output folder as well as the portdump.mdb access database in the portDump\bin\Debug\ folder.

This has taken extensive amount of work. If you are a decent programmer or web page builder you can do a lot with this.

If you would rather pipe it out to a SQL database let me know and I will help on a one-on-one basis. I have written some wild web page reports that use this very concept.

MultiVantage, Intuity Audix LX

CaNNaBiS,

I can't thank you enough for writing this app. I was almost at the point of writing my own :)

I am having one issue. I have everything setup on my Avaya S8300 (tried it also on an S8700 with same results). About every minute, I get a beep on your app and a line of smiley faces, hearts and spades like this show up (????? ??????). If I look a the "my-billing.txt" file, it shows a bunch of squares ( ). The Access DB file does not get anything written to it.

I am using unformatted for the data feed but have also played around with customized and received the same results. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

BTW, tired the NetCat mentioned at the beginning of the thread (Windows version) and got the same funny characters. -- So I think that rules out your app having the trouble :) Could it be the format I'm sending the data??

Thanks for your help in advance!

LittleHopper

Hi jaymzter,

Sure, go ahead.

BTW: nice site this one you have.

Like one of the previous posters, I am unable to enter
anything other then 'SAT' in the ServiceType field of
the 'change ip-services' screen. Is this just not available
with the equipment/software I have or do I need to enable
something first?

G3csiV9
G3V9i.02.0.033.2

emebit, your release is to old, you need R009i.05.xxxxxx
If you have a 'friendly service partner' they still might be willing to bump it up, as this the update to R009i.05.xxxxxx mostly was a service fix, not a commercial upgrade.

Just got this working, The FAQ was a little confusing i thought you did the nc command from the NC dos window that pops up when you click the exe.

RTMCKEE

I have been successfully using Netcat on a Windows XP workstation to capture the CDR from 2 Avaya PBX's [and s8700 and a G3si]. I have actually decomissioned the buffer boxes since this has become 100% reliable since its implementation.

It took a few gum wrappers and paperclips to figure out a way to automate closing the active capture file, renaming it to the current date and time, and create a new capture file; but thanks to a couple batch scripts and the windows scheduling tool, it is working flawlessly.

Does anybody happen to know the built in buffer size for CDR on an Avaya S8700 [which kicks in while the CDR link is down]? Just curious because my technique does bring the CDR link down for about 30 seconds every hour, but it doesn't appear any records are being lost due to the continuation of record timestamps from file to file.

If I change the IP of where "LinuxHOST" is in node-names ip, does that change take place immediately or do you need to reset something in the switch for the change to take place? It works fine on one box, but I am trying to change to an IP over a vpn and it doesnt appear that the data is ever reaching the local vpn ip. BTW, I can ping both the vpn ip and the node-name from the switch.

Thanks,

-CaN

Hi Kerchak ,
I did what You explained on the top but when I perform the stat cdr command , the cdr1 is always down ???

I did it on a Definity G3si R11 .

Could You help me ???

Thanks in advance

Hi MauroB,

Are you sure your Linux (or Windows) box is listening on that TCP port (50000 or so)?

If true: Does your Definity can ping your Linux box, by means of PING IP BOARD xxxx yyyy?

I am trying to change the connection to a PMS system from a data module to an ethernet/ip connection but the Definity is and R8.2 SI and does not have an "ip-services" screen can the link be changed to IP without the above screen or can you use the data module screen for and PPP connection

I've tried writing a bash script to roll the logs on my Linux box that receives the CDR data, but I've got a bug in it that's got me stymied:
Code:
#! /bin/bash
#
# rolls out Call Detail Recording logs nightly
# J. Applegate 4/14/2005

now="$(date +%y%m%d)"
billing="/cdr/billing.txt"
OPTIONS="-l -p 50000"

killall netcat

mv $billing /cdr/log$now
touch $billing

netcat $OPTIONS > $billing 2>&1- &

The problem is with the last line, which is trying to restart the netcat process in the background. The command works fine from the command line, but in a shell script it freaks out trying to perform the redirect. I'm no code jockey, but maybe someone here can make sense of it....

Here is how I switch logs:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
killall netcat
sleep 4
FILE=`/bin/date +"%d-%m-%Y.txt"`
netcat -l -p 50000 >> /home/definity/log/$FILE &
rm /home/definity/current
ln -s /home/definity/log/$FILE /home/definity/current

Use at your own risk :)

Sweet! mahalo plenty!

Hi guys ,
I resolved my problem , it was only my firewall on linux box .
When I opened the tcp port it worked good .
Thanks again Kerchak !!!

Hi guys ,
I'm intested about the script You did , but I thought that could be more interesting load the cdr datas into a database table ( could be MySql ) , but I'm a Linux Newbie .

What do you think ???

I figured out the error in my script - the last line should be
Code:
nohup netcat $OPTIONS > $billing &
but kerchak's works beautifully.

MauroB - Importing into MySQL should be relatively easy; I can't remember the syntax but the critical part is to make sure your table definition accurately matches the incoming CDR fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back