Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallymcdoogle

Technical User
Aug 4, 2009
US
Hi,

I have an OPT 61. 4 digit dialing plan.

I have a DID, xxx-111-4000
I have a 1FB, xxx-222-4000

I want to convert the 1FB to a DID coming in on the same PRI, Therefore creating 2 identical 4 digit DN's, but with different prefixes.

Basically, in a 4 digit dialing plan, I want to DCFW the new DID, 222-4000 to a unique 4 digit number, that will not conflict with the existing 111-4000 DID.

Could somebody point me in the right direction?

You would have to have Telco send you 5 digits and run them through the IDC converting the 5 digits to 4 digits

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Alternatively, have the telco send any 4 digit number that doesn't conflict with your current DID range and convert that number to whatever you want...or just use it as the DN.

Thanks for the info.

Perry,
Qwest can send me all 7 digits. Would I have to run all incoming DID numbers through the IDC? Or simply make 1 entry for this new number?

Scott,
This is a long standing advertised fax number I was moving. I really need to keep the same number. Were you thinking of a permanent call forward of the original number to a new number?

Thanks so much for all your advise!

If route is built as DID - no IDC required. PRI DID routes use LDN to know how many numbers to use. If your LDN is 4 digits, PBX will only look at last 4 digits of 7 digit number Telco is sending you.

reading rest of post I see you have a conflict with last 4 digits.

Since PRI and LDN is used for how many digits to use. Do the following:

Add IDC to route with following info
DCNO 0
IDGT CDGT
14 4 <-- thus anything 14xxx will be changed to 4xxx
24000 xxxx <-- what ever number you want this number to terminate to

Change LDN to 5 digit number

Have the Telco send 1234 or 6666 (or just about anything) and set up that number in the IDC table to route to whatever DN you choose. No need to change the number - the telco should be able to send whatever digits you want when that number is called.

Say that 8888 is an available DN. Have the telco send 8888 whenever the number xxx-222-4000 is called and it will terminate on 8888. If you need the correct outbound caller ID, you can set that up as well.

I've had to do this when a retirement home went from individual POTS lines for all residents to the PRI's on the business CS1000. Had a few conflicts and the telco was able to send different digits so we could map them to whatever we wanted.

So, if I have them send me 5 digits, would it break my current incoming calls, without IDC conversions set up for all incoming calls? Would current programming ignore this 5th digit?

Or would it only have this single DID conflict?

I don't want to move forward and cause a problem while I configure things for this DID conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back