Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDP Question / Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegenerallee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
While mildly experiencing with the CS1000 that my company has there are some areas in which I need a little more information that I haven't been able to find. One of those areas is CDP.

I'm currently trying to send an extension on the CS1000 to an Option 11C site my company has. I successfully build the new CDP instance for the extension (let's just call it 1234) on the CS1000. Should the extension appear on the Option 11C immediately or is there time needed for it to propagate / replicate? Furthermore, if I print the DN 12 on the Option 11C it will appear as a CDP listing itself. Would this prevent me from using the 1234 extension (or anything starting with 12) on the Option 11C? If so, can I remove that CDP listing from the Option 11C and if I do will there be any negative impact to doing so?

You have to program it in both locations. On one end it will be a CDP entry on the other end it will be an actual extension number.

For example if all your extension in the Opt. 11 are 2100 thru 2199. Your CDP entry on the main site could be 21, then you send 21 to an RLI containing the route of your circuit between the 2 sites. Ten if your extensions at the main site are 2200 thru 2299, then reverse the procedure.

@KCFLHRC: And I kind of assume that might be the case, but when I try to set a phone to use the extension it gives the error sch0371.

That message is telling you that a shorter directory number already exists.

When you use CDP you cant have any conflicts in your numbering plan. You cant have 2100 at site A and 2100 at site B. The numbering plan must be unique. For example you cant have 21 as a CDP entry at site A and 21 as a CDP entry at site B.

You need to research 12 in the option 11 and find out why it is there. 12 being in cdp tells me that someone was pushing those digits back to the main switch or some other database. If it is there just to send it to the main switch then I would look at removing it and using vacant number routing.

@KCFLHRC: Got it. So basically the "12" CDP entry at the Option 11C location would prevent 1234 from being used as an extension since the Option 11C considers anything beginning with "12" to exist at the main site, right?

Just a thought!. In the UK, "12" tends to be used as a SPRE access code. Check in LD 21 against FTR_DATA. You might need to change the number to something else. It can also be up to 4 digits long.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

@firebirdscrambler: The "12" was just an replacement example for what we're actually using at my company. It may not be necessary but I just prefer to keep actual company extensions / numbers private. Thanks for the info, though. I'll keep it in mind for any future instances where that comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back