Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klibbyscn

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2009
US
Hi,

Does anybody know of any ready built controls/DLLs to read and send Cisco CDP messages?

Don't know if this will help but...

and this is the first link

where it states in the Overview
The system software sends IOS system messages to the console (and, optionally, to a logging server on another system) during operation. Not all system messages mean problems with your system. Some messages are purely informational, and others can help diagnose problems with communications lines, internal hardware, or the system software. Each message includes the message itself, an explanation of the problem or condition, and, if available, a recommended course of action.

I hope this helps, Good Luck

Thank you for the reply. Actually what I am looking for is a ready built control/module I can use in my application to send and receive Cisco CDP packets so my application will know which switch and port the host's NIC is connected to. Just hoping to find this component I can use.... if not I'll probably write my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back