Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDONTS: No mail sent, but no error msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

multiplex77

Programmer
Dec 25, 2001
SG
Hi,

I have a strange problem sending mail: My code runs without error, but the mail is not sent. Is there some setting in IIS I might have accidentally changed? I don't recall changing anything...

Here is my code:

Dim objMail
Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objMail.Send "me@mycompany.com", "recipient@yourcompany.com", "Hello", "Hello world!"
Set objMail = Nothing

I probably did something silly, but I can't figure it out cos I don't see any error msg! Thanks in advance for your help.

Multiplex

I've had that error before. In my case the problem was with MS Exchange Server settings. Check the badmail folder and/or dropmail folder (i think those are the folder names) in Exchange.

But I'm no longer using Exchange Server. Anyway, I ended up receiving the mail -- one day later, and all 20 or so emails were time stamped with the same date and time. Isn't that weird? I checked w/ my colleagues and no one did anything to the mail settings. Now it seems the same thing is happening again....

Hi

I do not think there is any problem with the code. But hey u can try this out :

Set mymail=Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
mymail.BodyFormat=0
mymail.MailFormat=0
mymail.To="abc@yahoo.com"
mymail.From="abc@hotmail.com"
mymail.Subject ="Hello"
mymail.Body="Hello world"
mymail.Send
set mymail=nothing

Please let me know if it works or not.

harshil. :)

Have you looked in all the folders inside inetpub\mailroot? They may be sat in there and indicate where the process is failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back