Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDONTS.NewMail object for sending mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlequin

Programmer
Sep 21, 1999
UY
Hi, people!!<br>
I'm having trouble in sending mail thru ASP using the CDONTS.NewMail object.<br>
<br>
I've taken the example form MS's help and some books and <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> but it doesn't work!!!<br>
<br>
It seems that InterDev cannot create an instance of this object,<br>
what's the problem?<br>
<br>
Many thanks

You have to register in the Global asa the Reference to CDONT 1.21 or what ever version you are using. YOu are using an NT server right?

CDONT will not register on your machine unless you are running server, pws wont work.<br>

Hi,<br>
I am assuming you have install IIS and setup the SMTP corectly, go to this site it show you step by step how to uses CDONTS <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> Oh at the bottom the example &quot;var objMail = CreateObject(&quot;CDONTS.NewMail&quot;)&quot; that line is not correct it's &quot;var objMain = Server.CreateObject(&quot;CDONTS.NewMail&quot;)&quot;. One more thing this have to be exe. on the server. <br>
<br>
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back