Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cdonts alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthInSatire

Programmer
Aug 12, 2002
US
i'm trying to send an email from my web page via cdonts but i get a "Permission denied" error on my mailer.send line. Can I use something else or is my code wrong?

set Mailer = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
mailer.From = "user@domain.com"
Mailer.To = request.form("mailto")
Mailer.CC = "differentuser@domain.com"
Mailer.Subject = "Information you wanted"
Mailer.Body = "test"
Mailer.Send

How many software developers does it take to change a light bulb?
None: it works in everyone else’s office, it must work in yours too.

Check to make sure that the IUSR_MachineName (MachineName is the name of your webserver) has full control permissions on the mail root directories, usually C:\InetPub\mailroot Saturday 12.00
im6.gif
im2.gif
im2.gif
im5.gif
im4.gif
im7.gif
3.00am
im8.gif
Sunday [img http

ok,
let me start over, I don't know to much about cdonts, neither do the network people. Do I talk to the webserver people, mail server people, or network server people? then what do I ask them.

I just ran a page I used cdonts on that I haven't used in a while and it doesn't work either, so I know its on their end. but who is they? How many software developers does it take to change a light bulb?

Best bet Mail Server people. Even if you try to use a 3rd party Mailer it would still need to be set up on the server Saturday 12.00
im6.gif
im2.gif
im2.gif
im5.gif
im4.gif
im7.gif
3.00am
im8.gif
Sunday [img http

ok, i'll talk to them tomorrow, lazy people went home. I'll let you know what happened. How many software developers does it take to change a light bulb?

Dim MyBody
Dim MyCDONTSMail

Set MyCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
MyCDONTSMail.From= "somebody@nowhere.com"
MyCDONTSMail.To= "nobody@nowhere.com"
MyCDONTSMail.Subject="This is a Test"
MyBody = "Thank you for ordering that stuff" & vbCrLf
MyBody = MyBody & "We appretiate your business" & vbCrLf
MyBody = MyBody & "Your stuff will arrive within 7 business days"
MyCDONTSMail.Body= MyBody
MyCDONTSMail.Send
set MyCDONTSMail=nothing

of course you'll have to have the smtp service running...

~Rick

I tried it on a different web server, same mail server and i didn't get the error, but I didn't get the email either. No one here has heard of cdonts and I don't know enought about it to tell them how to fix it. :( How many software developers does it take to change a light bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back