Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDONT works fine, by mail is not sent.Help pls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbind77

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US
Guys

In one of our application I am using CDONT for sending my mails.

but for the past 2 days my client havn't received any mail.
When I check my server most of the mails are sitting at the below directory.
c:\inetpub\mailroot\pickup

I don't why this happened and how to resolve this issue.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue.

Thanks
Bala

Thank You
sbind77

Have you taken note of which email domains do not receive the emails? Do you set your MailFormat to cdoMailFormatText or cdoMailFormatMime?

SMTP is what delivers your mail when you use CDONTS. You have some type of configuration issue (did something change) or the SMTP service is not running or is corrupted. You might try running iisreset on that server if you have access. You might need a network guru to help you troubleshoot this.

Yes I restarted the SMTP server. It works now. Thanks for the quick responses.

Thank You
sbind77

Huh?[dazed]
I think I need some sleep now. I can't believe I misread your question? It's a good thing somebody like sodakotahusker came in. [dazed]

Hey Guys,

I am new to ASP World.I am creating a Web based application where I wanna send mails to the clients.Where can I get CDONTS (or any component like this) from ? Is it free ?

Thanx in anticiaption.

Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back