Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDML-How do I send users to record just created? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalem

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
US
I'm building a bad check solution for our merchants to file bad checks without having to come downtown to the courthouse. I have everything completed and working, however the only way I could figure out how to take the merchants to the record they just created, without making them perform a Find, is to go to last record. This makes me a little nervous as we expect fairly large volume. Anyone have any experience with this, or know a better solution?

yeah:
---AddRecord.html-------------
<form ACTION=&quot;FMPro&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; NAME=&quot;AddRecordFORM&quot;>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;hidden&quot; NAME=&quot;-db&quot; VALUE=&quot;your_DB.fp5&quot;>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;hidden&quot; NAME=&quot;-lay&quot; VALUE=&quot;your_lay&quot;>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;hidden&quot; NAME=&quot;-format&quot; VALUE=&quot;RecordAdded.html&quot;>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;hidden&quot; NAME=&quot;-error&quot; VALUE=&quot;Addfailed.html&quot;>
----------------------------------

---------RecordAdded.html---------------------
Your Record was added SUCCESSFULLY !!!
.: <a href=&quot;[FMP-LinkRecID: format=RecordDetail.html, layout=your_lay]&quot;>View Details</a>
-------------------------------------------------

and then on the RecordDetail.html u show the fields u like them to see!

All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

This first user is correct, or at least appears to be. You could also add a redirect JavaScript, so they get a 'success display' and then automatic go to the summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back