Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDMA Ethernet router

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfbrown

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2002
US
Is there such a device that would/could be able to be used as a 3G/CDMA to Ethernet router?

What are you tring to do ??

Jezw

Everyone is hooked on using the 3G network as a mobile solution. I want to eliminate cabling, DSL, and installation costs by implementing a 3G wireless solution for a company that has hundreds of 2-3 user offices. All the locations are along main highways that are in the 3G network. They require low bandwidth. I want to take the 3G/CDMA and through a low-cost device, switch it over to ethernet to use on the 2-3 user LAN.

Have you had any luck with your search? I too and looking to take cdma data route it to a small ethernet(wireless and wired).

I have found something. It has a CDMA input and a serial or USB output. But no ethernet.

This is excellent information. Thank you very much.

I recently had a chance to use the Proxicast LAN-Cell 1x mobile gateway - you can see it at
It is very slick and works well as advertised, but it is enclosed in a very rugged steel box that you could drive a truck over which might be overkill. The people at Proxicast were very helpful and did all the CDMA configuration before it was shipped to me, so it worked flawlessly out of the box.

To test the unit we put it in my car and me, a notebook computer and one of my coworkers drove all over Chicago surfing the web via the Verizon Wireless 1x network. It worked perfectly. The little antenna has magnet mount that we stuck out the window and on the roof of the car. It uses 12 volts so we were able to power it with cigarette lighter and 2mm adapter.

I have only have worked with one of units so far, but I would recommend the LAN-Cell to anyone looking for a CDMA ethernet router.

Here is a flexible product can support both WLAN and LAN over CDMA 1x/GPRS/EV-DO/UMTS.

Specsheet identifys five interfaces: WWAN (CDMA1x/GPRS/3G), WAN, WLAN (802.11a/b/g), LAN, and RS-232.

Joint PR with Lucent in 2003 said the product works with Lucent's 3G infrastructures (both CDMA2000/EV-DO and WCDMA/UMTS).

These are great links. Is there a straight ethernet interface with Cell on the other end without all the routing features that would take data off a wire and transmit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back