Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDHDR and CDPOS tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck34

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
US
I am looking for some help with the Change Documents CDPOS and CDHDR. Are ALL table updates/inserts/deletes recorded in these two tables in SAP/PRA?

No.

To the best of my knowledge only those objects that have been designated (by default) to capture changes, and those that have been specifically configured to create change documents are captured in CDHDR and CDPOS.

CDHDR and CDPOS are indeed the only logs where any and all changes are recorded on a stand-alone R/3 system. But, if you have a BW system set up, then certain patches must be applied to R/3, the main reason being to set up special structures to record any deltas (changes to transactions).

This is done in Logistics, for example, by adding new sets of three Infostructures to each transaction type. Say for Sales, up to now we've had S001 ( I think) as the Infostructure for Sales (VA01) transactions. Now with the new BW patches, we will have S260, and S260BIW1, and S260BIW2. This set-up allows BW to trigger data extractions from R/3 into BW without burdening on-going R/3 transaction activity: it works like this: initial sales data would be recorded in S260; and then R/3 checks in a certain table to determine where to place any changes to this original sales data; it will go to table TMCBIW to determine which of the two tables is active ( S260BIW1 or S260BIW2), and then proceeds to record the changes therein. Now when BW wants to trigger an extraction, it also goes to the TMCBIW table and swithches the active table off, and the idle one on: now R/3 continues recording its changes, but now they are recorded in the newly activated table, meanwhile BW can now draw out all the change data recorded in the active table, now deactivated.

Read about it in 'Business Information Warehouse for SAP' by Hashmi.

Hope this helps.

Hi Buddy,
First of all to understand the various objects which are required to be recorded for change pointer documents generation.
As and Example ,take SKA1/SKB1 tables which are designed to hold the GL Master information and key field is SAKNR. When the correspoding dataelemetn is clicked, a new window is openend which has a Check box duly checked at the bottom left corner. If this check box is enabled, System keeps an eys over these objects and generates the Change Document as and when this data changes in SAP repository.
This enabled for Master data (GL,VENDOR, CUSTOMER etc.,) and Transaction data(PO,FI DOC, SD etc.,).
Now, for a system to generate the document and have an entry into repository, the corresponding MESSAGE type should be enabled for changes recording locally apart from global enabling of changes recording.
As far as Proecss is concerned, for MM,SD,FICO etc modules the change document tables are CDHDR adn CDPOS HR module the tables are PCDHDR and PCDPOS.
First move to CDHDR and supply the Object (like KNKK for customers data whose credit limit data has been changed) , CHANge indicator (U/D etc.,)and collect the change number
and pass this change number to CDPOS and get the table, field, old value and new value.

Incase if the above is still not clear, do mail me with your problem statement at my ID : srinivasvk9211@yahoo.com

thanks,

kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back