Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDG/PBXXX Q6401 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivarr

MIS
Mar 29, 2022
GB
Hi, I would like to seek your tech support regarding the installation and programming of CDG/PBXXXQ6401, (4K to ISDX). Thanks

How many of these cards do you intend to install and on what type of shelf ?

What version of HiPath are you using ?

Hi sbcsu, Thank you for your reply, 3 CDG card in slot 13 in diff shelf AP3700. (Ver 8)

So
One CDG Card in Slot 13 of a Version 8 system.
Is this a 'remote shelf' ?
You say '3 CDG card' - how many cards ?
If one card you can have 2 x 30 channels linking to an iSDX
Do you have the iSDX end setup ?

not a remote shelf, yes, I got your point about the 2 X 30 channels, but each E1 will be distributed on each LTU shelf for resiliency and the other E1 will be dedicated to another location. I have ISDX DLI settings already and to be configured in RSIG.

So 30 channels per card
with a total of 60 channels across 2 cards.

Front of Card / Switch No / Back of Card

8 ->
7 ->
6 ->
5 ->
4 ->
3 ->
<-2
<-1

Switch 1&2 are ON and all others off (1&2 for 1 circuit only 2 ccts are possible)
This is the setting for 1 Circuit DPNSS
The 'segment display' on the card shows the letter P with a dot up on
the top left.

TO REFLASH CARD so as it clears out the loadware and gets it again from the hard drive.
remove card
push switch 6 towards front of card (ON)
re-fit card
wait for F&E to flash on the display
remove card again
Pull 6 towards back of card.(OFF)
Re-fit card and wait for the P.

If you have 2 links then switches 1&2&3&4 are on - rest off.
and you will have a top left hand dot and the capital letter 'A' to
show the 2 links are up and running.

ADD-BCSU:pER,1,xx,yy,"Q6401-X ",3,0,,,,,,,0,,;

ADD-BUEND:60,ISDX,60;

ADD-COT:60,PRI&RCL&XFER&ANS&CHRT&SPAH&KNOR&CEOC&CEBC&TIE&CBBN&CBFN&FNAN&RCLS
&BSHT&BLOC&LWNC&XTRC&ROPT&NLCR&CECO&TSCS&ICZL&ICZO&DFNN&US1E&NLRD&NITO&CDBO&
RCBS&TCET&DSDL&CTLS&DISN&NCT&NIN2&AMFC&PRNI&NTON;
CHANGE-COT:60,COTADD,,CDGCONN,"DPNSS LINK TO ISDX";

ADD-COP:60,DTMF&SPD&DITW&L3AR&SPTR&RMSG&RRST&IDP1&DTM1,TA,TA;
CHANGE-COP:60,COPADD,,,,CDGCONN,"DPNSS LINK TO ISDX";

CHANGE-LWPAR:CDG,3,CONF,213,DPBCN,DPNSS,1&&15,,1&&15,,,0,,,,,,,,,N,,N,,,,B100,,CDGCONN,"CDG LINK TO ISDX",,;
CHANGE-LWPAR:CDG,3,CONF2,13,12,13,14,Y,,;
CHANGE-LWPAR:CDG,3,TIMER,5,3,0,,,0,,60,,60,,,,,255,,,,,,,,,,;
CHANGE-LWPAR:CDG,4,CONF,213,DPBCN,DPNSS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,N,,,,,,,,,,,;
CHANGE-LWPAR:CDG,4,CONF2,13,12,15,14,,,;
CHANGE-LWPAR:CDG,4,TIMER,5,,0,,,0,,60,,60,,,,,255,,,,,,,,,,;
COPY-PRODE:pD,14,PD14;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELMAND,0,,,,,,,,,,,80,,,,04,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELMAND,1,,,,,,,,,,,80,,,,00,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELMAND,8,,,,,,,,,,,80,,,,05,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELMAND,14,,,,,,,,,,,40,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,40,,,,,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELMAND,31,,,,,,,,,,,C0,,,,04,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELMAND,46,,,,,,,,,,,42,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,42,,,,,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,RESTP,WELHEX,12,0D,,,,,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,WELNAME,0,13,06,,,,,,,,,;
CHANGE-PRODE:pD,PD14,ORG,,Y,;

ADD-TDCSU:NEW,1-XX-YY-ZZ,60,60,0,0,31,31,31,"ISDX LINK ",60,ECMAV2,8,,NONE
,,,,GDTR,N,TIE,NONE,N,0,,,,,,,25,MANY,102,0,1,1,EMPTY,60,10,N,,,,,SIDEB,16,8
,1,10,,EC&G711&G729AOPT,"DPNSS LINK TO ISDX",61,ASC,Y,TRADITIO,0,60,60,CDGCONN,1&&30,N,1,3;

Let me know if you need more info -
( Cornet DPNSS Gateway (CDG) card does not work on remote shelves )

wow, Thank you so much, I really appreciate your support. though got a little bit dizzy in the mnemonics commands, I'm just curious about the AMO commands regarding the installation of E1, if you can tell me where to download the AMO commands that you provided me?

Thank you

You dont need to download commands -

Do you have Comwin installed ?

Do you currently have access to the HiPath 4000 to program it ?

You would need a basic knowledge of the 4K to be able to log on and start programming.

Yes, I got COMWIN installed and at the same time accessed to the 4K. just confirming the same type of backplane DIU2 that I'm going to use for CDG Card. Thanks

Yes, it's the same backplane connector that can be used with the DIU2 card

Not sure about your CDG instructions sbcsu. I guess they were taken from a working 4K and just got saved. But.

Dip switches. From memory, any CDG I ever saw had all dips set to off. From edoku, 1&2 on like you mention is not used. In this case, I think both on is likely just the same as both off.

Table 52. Dip switch line 1 configuration
Impedance (ohms),Switch 1,Switch 2
120,Off,Off
75 default,Off,On
Not used,On,Off
Not used,On,On

Table 53. Dip switch line 2 configuration
Impedance (ohms),Switch 3,Switch 4
120,Off,Off
75 default,Off,On
Not used,On,Off
Not used,On,On

But even given those tables, CDGs I used were always 75ohm co-ax and all switches were off, there were no issues.

The COP and COT look a little bit crazy. Again a case of something working and just getting saved I think. For COP, just DTM1 will do. For COT, at least RCL&XFER&ANS&CHRT&KNOR&CEBC&TIE&BSHT&LWNC&ITRC&NLCR&CECO&TSCS&ICZL&DFNN&NLRD&AOCC&LINO&NTON and then you can add CBBN&CBFN&FWDN&FNAN&CFOS&ROPT if you want those features. There's lots of extra stuff in your example, depends on features in use I guess and what country it came from but I've never seen them needed on a 4K to DX circuit.

The LWPARs, you set 2 blocks, but both are B-end & network. Then it set the X channels (BCHCONF) to 1-15 for block 3, and 16-30 for block 4. 4K has to be opposite the DX here, so I would expect X=1-15 to be A-end (UNWD=DPACU not DPBCN) and 16-30 to be B end. It's really a case of finding out what the DX is (a/b user/network x/y) and setting 4K the opposite. If DX is using less than 30 channels LWPAR must be changed to match, including the virtual channels (EQVIRC and VCHCONF).

Also your block 3 is setting MAXTMS to 0 which will turn off NQ tunnelling between the 4K and the DX. Block 4 leaves it at 500, the default.

Then with prode you overwrite location PD14, but you don't know if PD14 is in use on this 4K. It might be blank, or in use, who knows? I would not overwrite without looking. We don't know what PVCD is in use here (reg-prode will tell), so we also don't know what PD 14 is (the block you are copying in), it could again be blank, but I think is likely Euro ISDN user side. It's very easy to break it with prode, but also very easy to fix it, as long as you make a reg-prode first.
Then you make a lot of adjustments to PD14, I don't know why, would be interesting to know what country required that level of adjustment to what I think is probably Euro ISDN. In anycase, the CDG will not be using Euro ISDN as the TDCSU protvar, it's using ECMVA2 so I would suggest you skip those prode changes, they are not needed.

Where the comment above says "same type of backplane DIU2 that I'm going to use for CDG Card" I am a little unclear. DIU-S2 needed the SIVAPAC adapter. DIU-N2 and DIU-T2 do not. CDG card does need the SIVAPAC adapter, they can be difficult to find.

Hi, good day guys. Thanks again for your indeed response to my queries. By the way, can I start configuring the E1 while waiting for the CDG Backplane? and I would like to confirm the Backplane part # and cable (DB9) Thanks

I would have thought the back plane will depend on the connectivity?

Are you using RJ45 or BNC connections?
Our for our DPNSS & DASS2 circuits they are presented on BNC and connect to BNC connectors on some thin cabling coming out of the PBCDG-FU.
An ISDX would normally have Type 43 connectors it's backplane for DPNSS which means it would make sense to use BNC at 4K (unless you want to use a balun). You can get adapators but they are hard to find. Getting type 43 connectors is easier if you are happy to Crimp them.

You can configure it, 4K won't care the board isn't there, but it'll be in alarm state so you can just deactivate the card/slot (dea-bssu).

I don't know what you mean when you say "CDG backplane".

A Q6401 could also be used in old style SIVAPAC (16 port) hardware, but that's been obsolete for a long time, everything is now 24 port (SIPAC).

You will need a SIVAPAC/SIPAC adapter so that the Q6401 can be converted from 16 port to 24 port backplane and fits in the shelf. Also called ADAPTER 1 in edoku. Part number was C39228-A7195-A10.
They look like this : I know that one says A195 not A7195, the 7 is not a typo. Must have had two part numbers.
I do not know if you can still get them.

The cable to the DX was usually a 75 Ohm Co-Ax. Part number was S30267-Z83-A200, A200 means 20 meter cable so if you find the same part as A100 or A500, they are just different lengths. Z83 is the important bit. Connector is DB15 not DB9.

You also need an APPCU adapter, to connect between the cable and the backplane. The Q6401 cables around the back, not the front. Part number was S30807-K5415-X.

Hope that helps.

Hi, Good Day everyone, I would like to ask for your support regarding tracing a trunk (DIUT2) when accessing through Ext # and checking the status or error of your E1's. Thanks

Hi, I would like to add another scenario regarding a one-way speech path call between 2 different sites analog Extn from ISDX and analog from 4K (SLAMAV) and vice versa scenario, my setup is dialing an access code 72 then 4-digit ext #, our link between the 2 sites is VOIP. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back