Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD v 12 Outlining (Hairline) Clipart etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ornithorhynchus

Technical User
Jul 21, 2006
AU
I am a new user (Corel Draw Ver 12) and trying to find the easiest way to outline clipart, letters etc with a hairline outline to use in a laser cutting/engraving machine for cutting out. Any help would be appreciated as I am tearing out what little hair I have remaining.

Select objects, right click on colour from pallette or choose hairline from outline tool on the tool bar

You might have to "convert outline to object" but without knowing more about your desired end result I can't be sure. Give it a try though. It is under "Arrange". If you have a group of objects that you want to creat an outline around, select and group all objects and apply a small outside contour using the "interactive contour tool". Hope this helps.

Thanks Brushman and Lissandan, I am an old woodworker trying to come to grips with this newfangle technology ie an EPILOG laser. With this machine you can raster engrave(draw pictures) or vector cutout objects. To vector cut it relies on an outline that is "hairline" any thicker and it rasters (engraves). I guess what I am trying to do is automatically outline clipart, fonts etc to cut them out. At the moment I am laboriously using the freehand tool to outline. I must admit that I dont find the Corel Draw help very helpful either but I think that is the techo language.

See my post above regarding the hairline do you also need to remove the fill to avoid this engraving too? if so LEFT click the first square of the pallett - the white one with a cross in it. This removes the fill, right clicking the black will put a black hairline on the object/s
Alan D

On laser angraving you need to make just a simple outline for all the grafics you want to engrave.
Excuse my bad enlish.
All you need to do is to blank out all your graphics and group them. Then aply a 0.01 mm Contour to the group. Then brake appart the contour from the group and then cutt with the contour you created.

I hope this helps!

I am a Corel Fan!atic. (NAH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back