Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-RW Door Will Not Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinet1

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
I have a Compaq computer with A CD-Rom & CD-RW system on it. The CD-ReWrite Door will not open. The light just blinks. The door appear to be stuck. How can I go about fixing this problem? The drive is detected by the system. Bios of this door, I donot know anything about.

Thanks,

Can you open the drawer by selecting eject from My Computer?
Have you got a disk in the drive?
If you have a disk in the drive it could be corrupt, causing the drive not to respond. turn your system off & get a straightened paper clip & gently push it into the small hole on the front of the drive. This will allow you to take the disk out.

Thank-You, For your suggestions. However, cannot open the drawer by selecting eject from my computer. Donot have a disk in the drive. When I push the open door button on the drive, I hear a little clicking; as if it attempting or trying to open. But that is the extent of the process. Some times, when I reboot the computer; I will get a message that saids that the CD-Rom drive and the CD-RW drive has been automatically updated. What this mean, I haven't a clue.
Sincerely,
Shinet1

I had a similer problem with a DVD Play.It worked
fine one day. The next time I went to use it,I had
the same problem as you. Open up the your case and make
sure that the power connector, and your IDE
cable both have "A GOOD CONNECTION"!!! Unplug them both,
than reseat them to make sure you that they both have a posative seat. It worked for me, hope you have the same
GOOD-LUCK. Post back and let me know how you made out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back