Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD- ROM E: NOT FOUND INSTEAD IT SAYS BACKUP OF C:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all!

I placed a CD in my desktop but in my My Computer, I dont find the regular E: there is a Backup Of C (E:) found and when i click it i find some files (most of them start with $). I checked the My Computer- System- Device managaer. I don't find CD-rom drive there too. Could anybody tell me what the problem is?

Thank you.

Watch the screen when you boot up and see if the bios is finding the cd-rom. It sounds like it is no longer there.Does the cd that you put on the desktop work?

I can find the CD rom in the BIOS setup. So, could you please let me know what shoul be done now to fix it?

Thanks

Back up of C: maybe comes from your anti-virus program like Mcaffee Anti-virus. It has nothing to do with your CDROM. If it is your first time to install the CDROM then reinstall your CDROM Driver in the Add New Hardware in the Control Panel. Try your best to reinstall your driver otherwise reformat your drive C and reinstall all the drivers of your PC. Check also the Master/Slave mini switch of your CDROM Drive. Good Luck.

NEMS

Hi. Your CD may have gone away. Go to a command prompt and type e:
if you get "invalid drive specification" you may have a dead CD drive. Don Swayser
swayser@optonline.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back