Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD ROM Driver doesn't see CD ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

konLao

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
US
Hi all,
This problem started when I have WIN2k Pro. First, I thought it's WIN2K problem. I upgraded to WINXP Pro. The problem still not been solved. The problem is... If I leave CD ROM in the CD ROM drive when I boot up, it seems like to work fine. But when I boot it up without CD ROM in the the CD ROM drive. It see the drive but can't recognize if the CD is in the drive. Can anyone help?

KonLao

I have seen cdroms do this on other versions of windows. Its a hardware problem. I would replace the drive.

>Think for yourself<
...or someone else will do it for you.

What have you tried to remedy this KonLao ?

-Z

TheZeDD,
Nothing yet. I just boot it with CD in the drive. When I found the answer, I will post it again.

Thanks

Check the cd-rom device settings and see if i has any issues (such as dma).

Try removing and un-installing your CD-Rom from the device manager and then reboot.

Any better?

-Z

KL,

What have you tried thus far then?

What OS were you running before upgrading?

How did you upgrade to 2k from previous OS, CD, any steps taken before upgrading ?

Any problems in old OS ?

Heres a couple links that may help now and down the road:

GL!

Keep Us Posted!

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back