Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD rom and DVD drive disapeared!!! HELP! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellybobs33

Vendor
Feb 2, 2005
GB
Hiya
I bought a dvd rewriter, so i took out the dvd drive i had and simply connected the dvd rewriter
Now when I click on my computer both are gone

I have gone into bios and the cd rw is there but it is not showing up anywhere on the computer??

Everythgn is connected properly, I got no driver software with the dvd rewriter as I bought it off ebay

What have i done wrong?

Cheers
Shell

Have you got the jumpers set correctly (Master and Slave)on the cdrw and dvdrw???
Sorry - most obvious first!

Have you got the jumpers set correctly (Master and Slave)on the cdrw and dvdrw???
Sorry - most obvious first!

Also - what Operating system is it??

right, first of all
i use win xp
second i have no clue what a jumper is??? well apart from the fluffy things you put on to keep warm

I am presuming that i have not got them swet to slave and master but i am completly rubbish at hard ware probs and no clue how i would go about setting them
i can get into bios i do know how ot o that but after that useless!!!!

Refer to my reply in This Thread

In the image that is shown, the jumper is on the Slave position, if you need to set one as a Master, it is the next set of connectors to the left of the Slave position.

Enkrypted
A+

Yes sorted
All i need now is to figure out how to use it LOL

Thansk for your help
shell xx

It should read CD's OK, for DVD read/write you have to have software for the unit. Go to the mfg site, and download the software and drivers for your burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back