Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-R Drawer only opens when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2001
US
Operating system: Windows ME
Brand of computer: Dell

My CD-R will only eject during boot-up and shutdown. I have replaced the ribbon cable will no avail. It is on its own ribbon cable and is set as a secondary master. There is not another CD drive on the computer. Any remedies.

How about from my computer, drive, eject?
ME has taken control and does some strange things. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I had this problem the boot order was wrong on the BIOS take a look at it in setup and see which one is first.
I think mine is floppy disk, CD-ROM, HARDDISK.

On my burner, the only way to eject a CD-RW disc is -> My Computer -> Drive -> Eject, but a CD-R can be ejected by pushing the drive's button. Could it be that it's a CD-RW disc your having this problem with?

sometimes CDROM drives and CDR/W drives dont like to be on the same IDE cable. Did you do that? If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Sorry I didnt read your post good enough. Try reinstalling the driver. I have heard of some incompatablity issues with LITE-ON CDROM drives. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

I tried everything you all posted and it still doesnt work. It just has to be a bacd CR-R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back