Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD not ready message

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishmish

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
Hi,

I just put together an Access project using the package and deployment wizard. I burned it onto a cd and when I tested the cd on several pcs, I kept getting a "device not ready" message (referring to my cdrom drive). Does anyone have an idea(s) for why this is happening? Does it most likely have something to do with how I burned the cd(or could I be missing files, etc.)?

Thanks for any help,
mishmish

I haven't used the PDWizard much or for a while, so I may get the terminology wrong, but...

You've probably got a hard-coded drive letter for one or more of the files on the CD, and the CD is mapped to a different drive on your users' systems. Did you add any associated files to what the PDWizard generated? You'll need to make sure to use symbolic folder path names for them. Rick Sprague

Hi Rick,

Thanks for responding to this and my other packaging question too (I posted the answer to that packaging problem I was having). This packaging stuff is really all new to me. Anyway, the problems I had was that I was using a "Direct" cd burner (called "Adaptec Direct"). This was only read/writable from the particular pc that was I was using. So, when I was trying the cd that I had burned on another pc it was not readable. I had to use some different cd writing software to do it (HP CD Writer).

Thanks again,
mishmish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back