Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD disk when changed is not recognised 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expression

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
GB
Hi
I am running XP professional, but I now a have a problem I have just tried to install a program which is on two disks, the first one goes ok when I am asked for the next disk nothing happens it just keeps asking me for the second disk, I have tried this program on another machine and it installs ok.
I have look through explore and I have noticed no matter what disk I put in the drive after any first disk the second is not recognised, the way I have found around the problem is to try and add to the disk using a HP program this fails but then the disk is recognised and I have managed to install the program on the machine I want it on.I did try refresh via explore but this did nothing, any ideas any one?

Incorrect Contents Are Displayed in Windows Explorer (Q314939)

Autoplay Repair Wizard
The Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard scans your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.

Try the AutoFix.exe:

311455 - You Cannot View the Files on a Disc After You Replace a CD-R or CD-RW Drive with a DVD or CD-ROM Drive

How to Troubleshoot CD-ROM Drive Problems in Windows XP (Q314096)

Hi Linney
Thanks for your reply I have tried them all but still the same problem, but thanks for your suggestions
Regards
Expressiom

Is it only spanned CD's that give you this problem or is it any subsequent CD change?

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

Is the CD Problem repeatable in Safe Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back