Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Burner software for Win 200 Server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hi All,

I need to know if anyone knows of CD burning software that runs on windows 2000 server?

I have Easy CD Creator and NeoBurn, but neither seem to make a server edition.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Both of those should work fine on W2K server.

What, exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I can see 3 possible scenarios:

1: Cd burner installed on Server, user logs into server locally to create a cd.

2: Cd burner installed on Server, user logs into remote workstation and creates a cd on the burner installed on the server.

3: Cd burner installed on workstation, burning software installed on server. User logs into workstation and uses software from server to burn a cd on his workstation.

Is one of those what you are trying to do? #1 is no problem - I do that with Nero all the time. #2 seems possible, but I have never seen it done. #3 seems like the hardest, because the remote software has to communicate directly with the local hardware - seems like you'd make a lot of coasters that way....

More information?

Thanks!

JAF

Hi Guys,

I think the problem was the CD that I had EZCDC on.

I brought in another copy and it seems the install went fine. Of course, I forgot to bring in an CD-R's, so I can't actuall test it.

The reason I need it on the server (it's actually an older HP Vectra -- P2 700mhz) is because my desktop doesn't have a bay for a cd burner. If it did, I would simply move the burner to my local PC, copy the files from the server and burn them locally.

Since the installation seems to have went OK, I will test it tomorrow and advise.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark

Goldenhawk CDRWIN also works I m sure aswell.

Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back