Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cd Burner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

baileybones

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
US
I have a Lite on ltr 16102B burner. I've had no problems with it for the past year or so. Now it will read cd's that I put in it. (ex. games, audio cds) It will save tracks from an audio cd, but whenever I try to record to a cd-r it doesn't even spin up. It starts to spin and then stops, never getting to full speed. The only way to stop it is to use the manual release button on the drive itself. All other disks work/play normally. I've tried a different brand of cd-r's and they do not work either. My computer is running Windows 98se,& Nero ver. 5.5.9.17. I uninstalled the burner and the software and reinstalled, and that didn't help. I have also updated the Firmware version and that has not helped. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!
Noreen

Sounds very much to me as if there is a fault with the burner. The only other thing I can think (long shot) that you could try, is to use some completely different media...

Sus

You may want to try building another W98 PC with "only" the OS. Then install the burner into it and the associated software. Then try using it. You may have installed something that has overwritten something that made it stop working. If the burner doesn't perform as expected / designed in the newly built PC then you may need to get another one.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back