Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfalfa

Technical User
Oct 28, 2005
US
Ihave a cust with cal centewr view that is on an end user's pc. ccv is also on the ccc server, from the server you can get ccv to connect to the delta server and work fine, from the end user's pc the ccv application never finds the deltaserver, but from the end user's pc you can ping the ccc server, and you can also pull the web page of delta server from the end user's pc, they are running r.5.0.19 version of ccv. It was working fine before a new pc was installed to house the CCC server. any suggstions would be great!

Have you followed the install docs correctly regarding sharing and permissions?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

yes, c drive is shared, and eveerything was setup by the book word for word

Are the user client machines part of a domain. If yes, the ccc server should also be a member of the domain for it to work. You can use an esier method. Allow the users to remote desktop to the server and use the software directly on the server. I like this because if you have multiple users connecting to the server, you only have to maintain the CCC software in one place rather than having to deal with client pc issues that may have nothing to do with the CCC applications, and dont have to put the server in the domain envirnment. With the server in the domain envirnment, you are the mercey of the domain admins and their crazy security group policies within the AD. If you dont want that for whatever reason thats fine too. Another thing you might want to check is make sure the client pc doesnt have a popup blocker, windows fire wall on or anything else that will prohibit the connection to the server.

windows firewll is turned off, on both server and client pc, the server is part of the domain, clock sync authenticated users is in place, write per,missions on server for users is checked don't know, tried renistalling it still nothing

i HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE DELTA SEVER TO SHOW UP AFTER IT DOES IT'S INITAIAL BROWSE I CAN THEN GO TO ADVANCED AND TYPE IN THE PC NAME OF THE CCC AND IT FINDS THE DELTA SERVER, THEN WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT IT GIVES ME AN ERROR OF

" NETWORK ERROR"
"PERMISSION DENIED WHILST CONNECTING TO SERVER MACHINE OR PROCESS

This probably doesn't help but in case it does... I am running in a workgroup environment and I've found that unless the server and PC are in the same workgroup I get the error specified in the last post. I appreciate your using a domain environment but perhaps someone with more permissions experience might be able to use this to help you.

Thanks

In some instances, depending on how the security and permissions are set up, you may have to make sure the end user has local admin rights to their pc in order for them to use service based applications. I had that problem as well, they dont have to be an admin on domain, but should at least be on the local machine account. Give that a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back