Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCV Logon Failure on Client machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW111

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
GB
CCC V 5 problem, please help

Customer has client machine set as a PowerUser on their LAN but cannot log onto the CCV. Adminstrators can log on ok. Power Users get an error "permmissioned denied whilst connecting to server machine or process".

As per Documentation, have given PowerUsers Full Control ( read & write ) access to the the CCC folder on the servermachine. but still cant log on

Any ideas

Thanks

Silly question but do you have CCC User Access running and connected as Admin? It should be on the system tray near the clock.

Yes sir. CCC USer Access on and working and logged on as admin.

Thanks for the reply though

Did you ever get to the bottom of this error message? I'm having exactly the same issue.

What OS is CCC running on? If you say server 2003 then you have a lot of work to do.

Can you connect to CCV while on the CCC computer or do you get the same message?

In my experience, CCV has always been unreliable unless Users are Administrators. This applies to all versions I have used. Obviously not all Clients will agree to give Admin rights to CCV Users, but I have always had to persuade them to do this for it to work with no errors!!

Take a look at the following:
Global IP Office Technical Tip No. 113 - Windows 2003 SP1 Security Modifications for Avaya IP Office Voicemail Pro and Avaya IP Office Manager
Global IP Office Technical Tip No. 119 - Avaya IP Office Compact Contact Center (CCC) Security Modifications Post Windows 2003 SP1
Also if using Server 2003 check the guest account and make sure it is not disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back