Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCV Clients on Network can't connect to Delta Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthursim

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2000
CA
Hi there.

I have already gone throught the relevant threads here on this issue. My problem seems to be kind of a mix of several different described problems. I have no trouble finding the server right off the bat. I have also tried adding my IP to the hosts file, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

On the local machine, I can log in no problem to CCV. Over the network, on any other machine I've tried (i.e. Win2003, WinXP), I seem to get this non-descriptive message: 'Avaya Networking has encountered an unknown error'. The title of that message box is 'Network Error'.

I have looked here and most seem to have the problem of seeing the machine on the network. My problem seems to stem from initiation of that connection. Does anyone know the ports that are used for this communication? Maybe I should check to make sure that is clear?

Thanks for any and all help provided.

disable the firewall service on the server, first enabling firewall IIS in control panel, then go to services, windows firewall, disable.

open ccv and now do an advanced search for the pc name or ip address

don't know what the ports are off hand but maybe someone else can copy and paste that here! PG...ahemmm...

So you can find the delta server from CCV but couldnt regsiter it right?Or you couldnt find the related delta server at the search box of CCV .Which one?

If the first one;be sure access user is active at your client PC which you tried to open CCV.Secondly it uses windows authentication so please add the same users at server and client pc sites as user.

Regards;

Also check that AntiVirus software is not intercepting CCV traffic - Outbound, I have seen this many times.

ipo.gif

Try checking tghe Data Execution Prevention on the CCC Server to make sure it isn't running into an issue with the CCV and PCWallboards.......

Right Click on My Computer, select Properties, then System Properties, Advanced, Performance Settings, then Data Exectution Prevention....make sure you select what is appropriate to allow.

Thanks,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back