Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCTV Not working i remove BNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello,

I'm checking my cctv camera actually try to troubleshoot at first I can view my camera on my monitor then I try to remove the bnc cable to my camera then when i try to put it back I can't view my cctv on my monitor.

What are the possible reason for this? or how can i fix it?

Thanks!

Off the cuff...Loose connection on the BNC. Either reterminate or replace the cable if you don't have the tools.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, OpenScape Xpressions, OpenScape Contact Center, OpenScape Voice

But It may cause a problem? I just plug out the bnc connector to camera and plug-in again then that's what happen.

I'm not understanding your scenario. Please explain in greater detail.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, OpenScape Xpressions, OpenScape Contact Center, OpenScape Voice

Ok.

First I have 4 camera (Working) then I'm doing some test on cctv camera we have a BNC connector and for the power right? Then I remove the BNC on the camera and put it back. Then the problem is after put it back my camera is not working anymore no video at all, But IR Still working only video output is not showing

#1, cycle power to the camera and reconnect the BNC.
#2, recycle power to the monitor
#3, if not a factory cable, re-terminate the BNC at the camera with a new connector

You mentioned that you had 4 cameras. Are they going to a single monitor? If so, are you going through a switcher, or duplexer to see all four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back