Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCS trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

joitec

Technical User
Jan 31, 2020
ZA
Can i run a CCS trace for a specific plid/extension on a MXe?

I replied to your other thread too.

You can use this command to see what plids you are currently tracing (default is all):

Code:
ccs trace show context

Use this to limit ccs trace to certain plids:

Code:
ccs trace set context <plid>

To limit tracing to an E1 circuit for instance, you would need to set context individually for all 30 channels. You can't use one set context for the whole link.

To reset back to default (all):

Code:
 ccs trace clear context

Look under Maintenance / Commands / CCS in the embedded help for more information.

Hi Techymitel... thanks for the response.. i have tried as suggested however when i put in the PLID info the system responds with the number is out of range .. eg. Plid for Extension 2504 is 1 3 1 4.... but when I put in in the trace it is out of range

You can't set the ccs trace to an extensions plid.

You can only set the ccs trace to digital trunk plids.

When there is a call in progress on your extension you can use:

Code:
resource <plid>

And it will show what is connected to that extension.

Hi Techymitel...thanks a mill... I have discovered that and managed... great one!

I have another issue. I am having the following log constantly pumping out on the maintenance screen. Any idea what it is telling me and how to resolve it?

"ISDN VDsu-1 Mod 1 Port 1 - WED FEB 12 16:00:33 2020 Undefined protocol profile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the ISDN protocol settings on that port, it may be misconfigured.

also use caution running CCS trace enable continuous on busy systems
we have been warned recently by mitel that this can cause system restart

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back